Been soldering on (pun intended) with the wiring loom.

I decided rather than doing a wire tuck, why not tidy up the loom. So, I order some braided sleeving & heat shrink from eBay and got to work.

I started be disassembling the fuse box & splitting up the loom as much as possible. Toyota did a hell of a job putting the loom together as I look me about 2 hours to strip & clean it. The loom engine loom actually splits into three pieces (fuse box, power & started and engine harness) which kind of made the job a bit handier.

I started with the power & started as it seemed to be the easiest to get use to the braid & heatshrink. The moved on to the fuse box, which was handy too. The engine harness actually unplugs from the box so that did make like a bit easier.

Each individual wire needs to be cut, sleeved, soldered & heat shrinked, so it is a very time consuming process. I am now about 75% complete and hope to finish off this week.

Here's a few photos.

WP_20150118_001_zps30b786b7.jpg

WP_20150118_003_zps9f2993d8.jpg

WP_20150118_004_zps6aabe2d6.jpg

WP_20150118_006_zps0853189b.jpg

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resurrecting an old thread.

Colour scheme has mostly been confirmed.

1) Standard 8K9 for the bay.

2) Black hoses (ultra blue leads, can't do anything about that)

3) Polish what I can.

Only thing I'm left with is the block & sump, so this is where I need some input for you guys.

I've been down to the powder coaters today and picked out a few colours.

What I'm thinking...

WP_20150202_002_zpsc39a4abe.jpg

Block, Sump & Gear Bag

WP_20150202_001_zpsd41b2839.jpg

This black sparkle malarkey for brackets, water pump piping, PAS pump, Starter, ITB'S (minus the trumpets), Servo, Clutch cylinder and so on.

I also grabbed photos of these two as a back up.

WP_20150202_005_zps2532bc43.jpg

A Purpley sparkle job

WP_20150202_004_zpsf8d6603e.jpg

And a bluey purple sparkle job

I'm also thinking of doing the wishbones, mounts, ARB's, the first purple colour too.

Opinions Please

Love that this is back on track. Some awesome parts showing up too.

About the colours. I'd say go for what you've planned. only thing i would say is watch you don't go too overboard on the blue / dark scheme. But if the rocker is going polished with the titanium trumpets? (is that still happening?) With your obx mani, it should break it up a good bit and look ace.

Cheers Chris, yes the bally is definitely rolling now.

Shouldn't be too dark, I hope. The standard blue will pick the brightness up a bit. OBX will be hewtwrapped in titanium wrap.

The throttle bodies will have polished trumpets, hope to order an RW catch tank and possibly a PAS fluid & expansion tank. All the fuel hoses will the S/S with an anodized black fuel filter and AN fittings. The head will be chemical stripped, so that'll be cleaned up a bit too.