Where I've Gone Since The Starlet...

I'm sure most of you that have been around for a while will remember my old Glanza, loved it to bits but got a good offer and off it went!

169064_10150130767005856_503275855_8339678_2179086_n.jpg

It was then followed up by this Seat Leon Cupra R, which was recently remapped to 265bhp/300ft/lb torque.

DSCF2095.jpg

After something new, and RWD, I was surprised to realise how much a car I had always dreamt of having had come down in value, so I decided to look around for one that suited my (pretty bloody picky) needs.

The time came this week, and I put a deposit down, going to collect it at the weekend. I honestly can't wait.

3431532-1.jpg

3431532-3.jpg

3431532-6.jpg

3431532-7.jpg

That was fast, you never told me you decided to get one sooner! I'm glad you bought it while the value of them has dropped due to the weather though, I bet you'd have paid a fair bit more in the summer. Absolutely beauty is that, in a stunning colour too.

these M3's are great value for money now. cant get much better all round car for the money.

trust me they can take a lot of abuse.

the grip in the dry make you think you driving a four wheel drive. has one of the best paddle shift from that time as well.

good choice and goodluck with it. :)

That was fast, you never told me you decided to get one sooner! I'm glad you bought it while the value of them has dropped due to the weather though, I bet you'd have paid a fair bit more in the summer. Absolutely beauty is that, in a stunning colour too.

Thing was I was more picky than I was worried about the money in the end. This one came up as a fully loaded example with everything except the rear blind, it's a 2004 model and has only covered 52k. I was searching and searching and to find one with an interior as mint as that and bodywork to match was very hard. I narrowed it down to 3 in the end, 1 sold straight away, I got these 2 checked out by well known people on the forums one came back as a shitter this one came back as a minter (hopefully!) He couldn't fault anything on it other than stonechips on the bonnet and the usual bubbling on the mirror, but a couple of hundred quid and according to him I'll have a perfect example of an M3.

Nice car, what made you go for the SMG setup?

D

Lots of things really, I spend more time in traffic than anywhere else these days and I have genuinely got bored of using a clutch. I could never settle for full on auto but the freedom to have that or the SMG just felt like a great choice. I'm sick of clunky gearboxes too and I've heard this is one, sometimes it doesn't like to go into 1st and can be jerky through the gears, I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle! I'm a bit of a geeky gadget freak too and this kind of thing always has an appeal to me!

Plus, it looks sexier than the manual!

smgShifterBright.jpg

Nice car. Congrats.

Remember to check the subframe for cracks. Almost all E46 crack the subframe mounting points. Even the M3.

Thanks bud, this has all been checked and given the all clear, appreciate the advice though!

The smg in these is really good actually, if your going for it you can hear it clunk into gear. Lovely cars these, pull like trains, rev like fuck and handle reallly really well!

:)

Very nice mate, would love one one day :)

:)

The SMG box is awesome, I've sat in one and it felt faster than a manual even with a good driver. I'd definitely have a SMG model, flat shifts no problem!

Good to hear that mate, I don't claim to be a great driver so I don't think I'd really see the gains from the manual that I'd be missing out on!

these M3's are great value for money now. cant get much better all round car for the money.

trust me they can take a lot of abuse.

the grip in the dry make you think you driving a four wheel drive. has one of the best paddle shift from that time as well.

good choice and goodluck with it. :)

Thanks mate.

I see the nardi money went to good use, does look smart mate. :)

Haha, yep, also partly at fault for the delay! Had a hectic week arranging everything, flying back up to Scotland just like I did for the Starlet when I got it!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, nice to see you all appreciate it!

Iddy - Nope, saving it for emergencies during the winter, getting insurance for about £70 a month so just going to do that until Jan/Feb time then I'll be getting rid of it.

Brewin - Nice taste! :)