• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys and girls i have another update and some bad news.

The shedlet engine is looking rather poorly at the moment as i have just about raped it. the cam belt has been removed, the turbo, cat and manifold have been removed. also a few brackets, air con pump and PAS pump have been removed.

then i found that on the manifold that no.3 had done the usual and cracked the manifold. BADLY!

heres some pics to have a squiz at.

100_5555.jpg

100_5576.jpg

100_5577.jpg

on a good note though the turbo is in good condition with only minor cracking on the wastegate.

here are some more pics for reference,

cambelt on

100_5566.jpg

cambelt off

100_5567.jpg

timing marks

100_5568.jpg

100_5569.jpg

gearbox diff input. any ideas if its a lsd box? i dont think it is if im honest.

100_5581.jpg

100_5582.jpg

and the broken wire on the TPS that i was talking about before.

100_5561.jpg

next question is do i just rebuild with a stainless manifold and decat for now or do i invest in a new manifold and decat for another turbo? hmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys and girls just a small update for you.

the shedlet is now in its new home for the time being. its in my friends lock up awaiting the magic to happen. basically its up on axle stands at the moment and ive just been doing some cosmetic work to it for now.

2940xvd.jpg

so i set too with the schults and the spray paint to tidy up a few things before the engine goes back in.

20av4fc.jpg

2agvtpe.jpg

2wgvn03.jpg

so after i had finished with the schults and covered myself with paint i decided to locate the battery in the boot. i drilled holes in the boot floor and made the battery a snug fit to the rear of the car.

5tool.jpg

then i decided to swap the tailgates over as the one that came with the shell was cracked and slightly dented. ironically the tailgate i was fitting came off charls gt advance :)

35jy1q0.jpg

then i put the new clocks in that i bought from greasemonkey. i also got some rear calipers from him and he even left me some pads with plenty of meat left! awesome :thumbsup:

2k1v91.jpg

so now im waiting for the cam belt kit so i can replace that, then the engine can be slotted back into place :thumbsup:

fingers crossed the cambelt kit will be here soon and the magic can happen :o

as charl said the cam belt kit is on and the engine is now bolted in place.

207lv85.jpg

cam belt on

2qsbiuh.jpg

engine in place for lifting

ipqgly.jpg

engine bolted in place :thumbsup:

e6cff8.jpg

now all i need to do is get some more parts sold from the almera so i can fund the project a lil further.

watch this space :thumbsup:

gotta go for a new mani for a diffrent turbo ;) .

http://www.toyotagtt...120#post1056120

shaun you have just answered a rather large question with the link you put up to toyota gtt.

consult the picture below and look at the gearbox. i do believe it is a lsd box with it having the extra bulge if you like on the rear of the box?

1fau0.jpg

am i mistaken?????????