Hey guys and girls.

After much debating i have decided to get a ep82 starlet. After trauling the web for a few days i came across a shell that was not a million miles away and for reletively cheap monies.

The shell i purchased was form a lad called andrew (or drew as he is known on here i believe) and came pretty much bare (but for what i paid im not complaining)

So i asked my friend in his recovery truck to pick it up for me and deliver it to my house where work could commence.

Luckily my girlfriend (funny onion) has been buying alsorts of new bits and pieces for her advance and the parts she has replaced are left in my possession.

So up to now i have a carpet, a dash, a bonnet, a tailgate and some suspension and ecu. Oh forgot to mention it has a wiring loom so saves me raping another starlet for one :)

here are some pics of how she stands at the moment.

34zfzi0.jpg

5d75hj.jpg

fkuqkz.jpg

not alot in there is there

also along the way i have found a few more supprises, the wiring loom for the ecu has been butchered at some point, maybe for a piggy back or maybe for some sort of fuel cut defender?

1zyqrt.jpg

27y65ue.jpg

re locating battery into the boot, also a lick of paint to keep rot etc at bay

the plans are, a t25/28rs turbo, front mount intercooler, stripped out interior, may make use of my cobra bucket seats and generally tidy the car up.

this car will not be a daily driver, mainly for summer and a ''sunday car''

im planning on making it handle like its on rails so watch this space ;)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lew yup feel free bud. Amjad yea im thinking poly bushes all around etc, anti roll bars, strut braces and pillar braces. maybe even a cage next year. But for now i need to make the thing water tight as it has no doors on it. :p

good job i picked some up today though. il have an update tomorrow night.

hey guys and girls, alot got done on project shedlet today, doors are on, rear bumper is on, fuel sender is in, side skirts fitted.

its finally starting to look like a car again!

heres some pics for ya. ;)

utrtt.jpg

34zycep.jpg

dp7ocm.jpg

and a pic of the engine that should be getting dropped into her next weekend ;)

1057kfp.jpg

watch this space :thumbsup:

Quality! That's pretty much the spec I'm going for haha. Got front & rear braces, C-pillar brace. Whiteline Anti-lift kit and 24mm Whiteline front ARB waiting to go on. Planning on Rear ARB, full polbush and eventually Meister coilies and a bolt in cage :)

Can you do me a favour and take a note of which bushes are easy/hard to replace? And if you get a chance could you link me to all the ones you buy? :thumbsup:

it's alright, you can just have my old bonnet and stuff! cheeky :p

need a pic of it next to mine, because it makes mine look mint! haha

it will get there, once it gets in lock up can really crack on with it. just need a front bumper, headlights and a wing, engine and box in, handbrake cables, and a few other bits and it will be semi road worthy... lol.

Looking good fella, Handling and brakes over big power imo :D

A cage and a few more braces and ill have near completed the handling package, so any help needed, drop me a pm :D

defo bud i want a go cart!

il be selling my grill and headlights in a while :)

lew i will be most definately interested

Nice project an you local??

John

im from hull east yorks john. so yea im pretty local ish

Quality! That's pretty much the spec I'm going for haha. Got front & rear braces, C-pillar brace. Whiteline Anti-lift kit and 24mm Whiteline front ARB waiting to go on. Planning on Rear ARB, full polbush and eventually Meister coilies and a bolt in cage :)

Can you do me a favour and take a note of which bushes are easy/hard to replace? And if you get a chance could you link me to all the ones you buy? :thumbsup:

amjad i will be taking pics of everything i do to her so yea il be able to advise on hard/easy bush replacement.

thanks for the comments guys and girls. socks it should be running for the shows but will probably look like a dog! all in good time my friend :thumbsup:

il also be pretty much stripping the engine loom too as the loom that has come with the engine has a few broken wires so ive asked charl if she would be so kind and solder some joints for me :wub:

Good project mate lookin 4ward to seeing this

yea hope this build (from shell up) will prove this to be a awesome lil car. everything will be painted/waxoiled before fitment, wings etc. the underside is mint just needs a good dose of clean and schults :thumbsup:

i shall be keeping my eye on this im glad to see the shell is going to good use!

hell yea we cant have a perfectly straight and non rotten shell go to the scrappers can we :wacko:

Looking forward to seeing some progress on this dude :)

yea hopefully when i can get the sheel to my friends lock up things can progress alot quicker. ^_^

Awesome! Major Kudos :thumbsup:

cheers amjad il keep you posted on the bushes and what not.

hey all, just a small update. got in today and decided to have a go at getting the dash to sit straight. some one had obviously had it off for some reason so i decided to have a look and see why.

i soon found out the answer why the dash wasn't sitting properly on the shell. the wiring loom had been attached to the dash bar (as best as i can describe it) so the dash itself wasnt even getting close.

IMG-20120127-00030.jpg

when i looked at the rear of the dash i noticed that some holes had screws missing, then it clicked. the wiring loom attaches to the back of the dash then the dash gets installed to the car.

so the job continued.

IMG-20120127-00031-1.jpg

can anyone tell me that these two wires do? one is grey and one is white with a black trace? im guessing they could be cig lighter?

IMG-20120127-00032.jpg

re installed the dash and then it got dark. :unsure:

IMG-20120127-00035.jpg

more updates coming soon :thumbsup: