• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update,

Went down to my lock up last night to bleed up fuel system. After finding about four leaks I left the engine turning over for too long and it actually fired up! Needless to say with it not having an oil feed for the turbo on yet it pissed oil out all over!

I'll update when I get in with pics, finally got my boost gague and coolant temp gague mounted.

Left to do list,

Front brake discs, power steering belt, oil feed for turbo, swap tyres onto rims and finish off a few small items inside.

Thanks for the comments guys and girls. Don't worry socks it got turned straight off as soon as I heared it fire up. I've come across lack of oil pressure many times before :)

Yea taggy the shell was all I had, I've pretty much built it from the shell up. Not bad considering I only got the shell Jan/Feb time.

We will see charl. The gearbox could be shafted yet :(

• 2 weeks later...

small update folks. i went to pirtek today and had an oil feed made up. £30 for two banjo's (10mm and 14mm) and 500mm of stainless braided ptfe pipe. it can withstand pressures of up to 200bar and temperatures of upto 450 degrees. so should work well.

any who i went to the lock up after going and getting a pas belt and fitted the oil feed. after using the vitara to slave from the shedlet fired up. slightly tappy to begin with but quietend off after about 10secs. oil light went off straight away and the alternator was charging. only now need a bottom hose which should be here tomorrow and fill the gearbox.

all im going to say is .................. EXCITED! 8P

il get some pics and a vid up when i can. :)

hey all sorry for the long delay in an update on the shedlet.

Firstly i would like to say a massive thanku to charl (funny onion) thanks for being there through this build and for putting up with me when i had many nights down the lock up. also thank you for buying me some of the key items have needed to get the shedlet running.

well if some of you have me on face tube then you will already know that the shedlet lives and has been for a drive down a private road to check gears and engine etc.

i let charl have the first drive as she has helped me out alot. bear in mind that the project is still ongoing and this will not be the end!

any who like i was saying charl had the first drive. and her words were ''ditch finder''. turns out the tracking on the shedlet is way out. its toeing out by a good 40-50mm, some one who had the shell was clearly having a laugh. il have to sort that asap. so with the tracking being a country mile out and brakes needing some more bleeding we retired back to the lock up.

anyway less of the reading, im sure you all want to see some pics.

100_5804.jpg

here is how far the tracking is. bear in mind that the steering wheel is straight and i have not moved the car for the two pics.

100_5799.jpg

100_5798.jpg

here is the turbo oil feed pipe i had made up. a friendly service from pirtek in hull and i would recommend them to any one.

100_5793.jpg

i also got the washer bottle and battery secure in the boot. i then used conduit to cover the unsightly wiring. looks tidy

100_5791.jpg

i also had a new sensor housing made up by my friend at zcars. this sensor is for the hks coolant temp gague on the dash.

100_5795.jpg

100_5774.jpg

i even attached a old pipercross air filter for now until i create something better.

100_5793.jpg

i also got my 60mm hks boost gague plumbed in.

100_5775.jpg

heres charl bout to take the maiden voyage.

100_5797.jpg

hopefully with a few more parts sorted the shedlet will be going for mot hopefully this week. then there will be no stopping me. :thumbsup:

We will see Matt. Hopefully have it mot'd this week. But it all depends on if the final few parts arrive in time.oh does anyone know what the bulb type is for the rear lights. I need a stop and tail lamp.