• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been to visit little Shedlet and a nice project she is! Car is coming on really nice mate :)

Got a few bits done today (I kinda just watched lol!) Got a few snaps throughout the day :)...

P1010595.jpg

P1010596.jpg

P1010597.jpg

P1010601.jpg

Let Sam drive MURX for a bit, then got a KFC :p

P1010602.jpg

Had a good day mate! You better be at this nottingham meet haha ;)

just a nice supprise shaun. thank you for the link bud. i would have never have known! :thumbsup:

I always thought it drove like an LSD but never had a way of telling! Should have charged you a damn sight more if I had known!!! Glad to see she's being put to good use. While you're doing work on it I'd recommend you do the valve clearances, make it sound sweet :)

Getting my Integra in about a month so I'll pop through to Hull and show off when I do :)

lol phil, to be honest i didnt even know either! but hell yea bring that teg to hull and we will have to have a lil meet.

adam, you always get my best side in the pics lol. especially when i was using that ratchet as a hammer because i couldnt be bothered to find one lol. il see about the nottingham meet. it may be on the road by then :wacko:

i really cant wait to see how it drives, plus i have just purchased another big piece of the puzzle :thumbsup: watch this space!

socks, starbuck i cant wait to actually get this on the road. may look a bit of a dog to begin with but it will get there. ;)

hey guys and girls, more updates on the shedlet.

well i bought a civic rad from toyosports and im in the process of fitting/making brackets to fit it to the shedlet.

k3kxdt.jpg

and i also bought myself a td04 manifold and down pipe. (cheers ryan :thumbsup: )

so of corse i just had to buy a td04 to go with the manifold and down pipe ;)

i started by stripping the td04L to turn the turbine and impeller sides around so they suited the starlet. (sorry about the tools all over but the vitara is the mobile workshop ^_^ )

10ftdp5.jpg

then i assembled the turbo to suit

1zqxde1.jpg

then i couldnt resist but fit the manifold and downpipe to the turbo to check for correct orientation ^_^

34ffbmd.jpg

so after i had fitted the manifold i just had to fit it to the engine!

m90h14.jpg

so now i knew everything fitted properly i decided to remove it all so i could get the manifold braced and i could make my coolant lines up on the turbo.

heres what i came up with for the coolant lines.

ilhc38.jpg

16lzj2c.jpg

345zhiw.jpg

In the second pic you can see what i work on. cant see alot but that sandy coloured stuff is whats out in afganistan at the moment. :o

hopefully get the pipes brazed up tomorrow and then the turbo is almost ready to be bolted up to the head. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys and girls, well i have a big update for you that covers wings, intercooler, wheels and some more.

well first things first, wings. i collected some 205 black wings from norwich from jhandy when he went to pick up his new gt. i was daft and forgot to pick up the small box that had the inlet temp sensor in it. hopefully that will be with me in a few days as i have paid for postage for it.

any who heres a pic of the shedlet with some lovely wings on her.

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120320-00090.jpg

you can also see the intercooler behind the bumper but i will get to that in a minute.

also i collected a set of lights amber corners and a grille from pick1. cheers dude!

100_5674.jpg

then i decided i really needed some new boolers for the shedlet. luckily for me these came up at a bargain price! team dynamics pro race 1.2's.

here they are fitted to the shedlet.

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120315-00060.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120315-00058.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120315-00061.jpg

well after a good weekend at race tech i managed to scrimp and scrape to buy this intercooler off socks.

originally came off kidV's car and now being put to good use on the shedlet.

i had to make up some of my own brackets to mount the intercooler but this wasnt too hard.

also i didnt like the route of the intercooler piping after the intercooler to the throttle body so i used some of my old gtir piping to create this.................

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120318-00076.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120318-00082.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120318-00081.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120318-00079.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120318-00087.jpg

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120318-00075.jpg

what do people think?

also i decided to put a kill switch in for the battery in the boot. just seemed like a safe thing to do also its a anti theft device :thumbsup:

EastRidingofYorkshire-20120315-00066.jpg

now all that is left is front discs, radiator piping, inlet temp sensor, rear calipers to fit, front wheel bearing, oil feed from race tech and the daft balance bar that goes onto the handbrake cables underneath. hopefully next month will have all of these parts covered. :thumbsup:

ah yea sorry lew, these came up cheap as chips and they had corners and a grille too. kinda couldnt resist.

any who after much thought i decided to give the engine a compression test. i figured that since the engine has been sat for about 6 months that the bores would be dry and no oil would be around the engine so first things first.

firstly i asked my glamorous assistant (funny onion) to remove the spark plugs, fit the oil filter and fill the engine with oil. then i turned the engine over for a while till the oil warning light went out.

then charl administered the compression tester of doom.

turns out the engine is in good health! with a pressure difference of around 1/2 bar across all four cylinders! highest pressure around 12 bar and lowest pressure around 11.5 bar.

some fuel and stuff in her soon then i should have a running engine! watch this space!

Nice work on this so far mate, looks like it will be on the road very soon. Not keen on those copper water pipes though, I'm sure you can get the right size silicone hose off eBay cheap enough, it would look a lot tidier. The fmic piping looks a bit long too? I'd personally stick with the original cooler piping. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys. Yea its coming on now!

The way I see it on the intercooler piping I have less bends than the j performance piping. Plus the piping u got with the intercooler didn't mount up amazingly well with it coming off a ep91. The reason I have used copper for the water pipes is because it can cope with heat better. But each to their own I suppose.

Either way I'll fix problems as I go along.