Socks is correct however different turbos require different banjo bolts. my td04 bolt for example would kill my vf24 as the hole is too big on a td04 for the ammount of oil a vf requires. pop on the rogerclarke website as the sell all the scooby oil bolts so you can check what size td04 should run.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in touch with scooby parts hull who I got the turbo from. They said you need a 1.5-1.8mm hole on a tdo4. The seals should be fine as they are basically a small piston ring. I'm picking one up tonight I think. See if it solves the smoking problem :)

Its really loud. Needs a silenncer box really. Well I've been to scooby parts hull and they gave me a banjo bolt for free. They said to try it but not to forget the oil in the system will need burning off or cleaning out. Fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, just a quick update.

well while the starlet has been sitting in the lock up it has appeared to have some faults.

1. the passenger door lock wont lock, moves slightly but then doesnt lock. :fool:

2. the passenger side driveshaft oil seal has decided to start leaking. (ordered one from toyota today £7.23 plus the victim)

3. the turbo is well and truely goosed. (i know ive mentioned this before, getting one from good old ebay)

but on a good note i gave sky insurance a ring. with everything declared on the starlet, my qoute was £542. thats 8000 miles a year, fully comp, parts replaced like for like aswel. really quite impressed with that quote. now this is the good part. they mirror your no claims bonus from one policy to another. so i thought lets see what the vitara is for insuring. the vitara is 342! damn thats cheap!

so with a deposit of 260.50 and 10 monthly installments of 75.26 i have both cars on the road! :thumbsup: awesome!

watch out UKSC the shedlet will be hitting the roads soon!!!!! :yahoo:

cheers for the comments guys. yea sky insurance are really good. i was impressed how quickly they gave me the quotes and how genuine they were with me. much respect for them guys.

well a little update, ive got myself another turbo on the way, came of a 2006 wrx with 60k on the clock. apparently the guy has got a vf35 fitted now by roger clark motorsport. they have checked the turbo over completely and it is well within its tolerances. paid 85 quid for it and hopefully should be here tomorrow or saturday. also my driveshaft oil seal will be here on saturday too. exciting times! im off work now until thursday too. so got plenty of time to get things sorted and hopefully have the starlet on the road. :thumbsup:

hell yea zoe. the turbo is now fitted and i have no smoke! awesome! the thing is now though i need to get the thing insured and taxed. now this is the tricky bit. do i insure it this month or do i wait till next month when i will have 7 yrs no claims instead of the six i have now? really want to get her on the road asap but the insurance will be more and im going to feel the pinch this month if i have to lay out the deposit and the tax. :shok:

hell yea zoe. the turbo is now fitted and i have no smoke! awesome! the thing is now though i need to get the thing insured and taxed. now this is the tricky bit. do i insure it this month or do i wait till next month when i will have 7 yrs no claims instead of the six i have now? really want to get her on the road asap but the insurance will be more and im going to feel the pinch this month if i have to lay out the deposit and the tax. :shok:

mate hold out till next month you no it makes sence :)

Ryan, nope not yet anywho And Dan we will see. Not a lot to give it away as being a td04. Its pulling really well with the td04. The profec b ups the boost to 0.8bar or around 11psi. The LSD also helps out a lot in the wet.

One day Adam......... Decided to wait another month to get the starlet on the road. Seems pointless cancelling my insurance with a month to go. Plus I'll have a cheaper quote with 7 years NCB.