Yes I hate rotas but there is a 15x9 chance I may change my mind........

Tbf right theres that many different wheels on the market now that if you started up your own company and you designed a wheel without thinking of any type of wheel you can gaurantee that there will be a wheel on the market that will look exactly the same im not saying rota dont copy im just saying how do you tell that they are ?

Are what? Copies.... easy mate, there are many ways of telling.

They make cheap alternatives to original jdm wheels so that people can have the jdm look without the cost or quality.

They make cheap alternatives to original jdm wheels so that people can have the jdm look without the cost or quality.

Read carefully

Rota's are a direct copy of another companys work though.

The Japanese manufactures spend a lot of money on coming up with these designs and also the majority of the wheels they produce are forged and not cast this makes the wheels stronger and lighter than a cast wheel but this is only really needed and wanted for people that want the best of the best for racing most OEM wheels are cast.

Rota are offering a copy that is not of the same specification as the wheel they have copied but they still meet the JWL standards so are fine to use. They are one of the biggest manfactures of OEM wheels in the world next to Enkei this shows where there strength lies someone comes to them with a design and they put it into production they don't do any real design work themselves.

It's the way of the world that when something is very pouplar but expensive people will find a way to copy that product and sell it cheaper it would just be nice to see some of the vast profit that rota are making go into coming up with a unique wheel design all of there own.

If everybody brought rota wheels then the comanys like rays would be going out of business and then where would rota be with nothing to copy?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i mean no matter how origanal a new design of wheel is theres always going too be a wheel that looks the same

I had a set of slip stream reps and loves the look and colour... but i hated the fact the were copys...:(

I ended up selling them and getting speedlines.

What the fuck is a Rota slipstream rep when it's at home?

Surley u mean a regamaster evo rep

Ive swapped my uber rare keiichi tsuchiya for some rota slips, yeh the rotas are a replica of what i had originaly but ive got them because there wider so i can fit wider tyres on with out them looking gash. I can see both sodes of the argument but both sides have pros and cons, personaly i go by if they look right and there big enough (at least 7j) im all good, yeh id rather have the originals but theyre not too the spec i want. (My slips have got better standard ofsets too compared too my jdm wheels).

Edited by Starbo Moorley
  • 4 weeks later...