Yes I hate rotas but there is a 15x9 chance I may change my mind........

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLZ this happens everytime. Yeah people hate Rotas no need to bring it up on every fucking thread!

People who want Rotas buy them people who dont, dont simples!

And before anyone says it i could buy a set of 'PROPER JDM' wheels if i really wanted too.

Easy tiger I was the one that started the thread ! Saying I was actually quite impressed at these new wheels but now you have started lol

Anyway what's this about bride seats then dan?? U didn't ... :(

LOL peeps take things to heart! I JOKES!

Really think im that bothered what people think? More important shit in my life to worry about bro!

But yeah they are nice wheels, for a good price! Will defiantly be some nice motors on the scene rocking them wheels.

• 8 months later...

i like rotas! love these especially, shame theyre so wide and won't go on a starlet without a fair bit of work.

personally i think that a lot of JDM wheels are absolutely awful!

I second that! Apart from a couple of styles of jdm wheel the rest I have seen are wank!

i like rotas! love these especially, shame theyre so wide and won't go on a starlet without a fair bit of work.

personally i think that a lot of JDM wheels are absolutely awful!

I second that! Apart from a couple of styles of jdm wheel the rest I have seen are wank!

But every Rota design is a direct copy of a JDM wheel :wacko:

But every Rota design is a direct copy of a JDM wheel :wacko:

lol, maybe I should have made myself clearer! I don't like every style of rota wheel either :) but there is a lot of people who for instance love a rays volk wheel and hate a rota grid even though they look exactly the same...... Plus there are a lot more jdm wheels out there that rota haven't copied and just because they are jdm people love them even though they (a vast majority of the time) look shit

Rota's are a direct copy of another companys work though.

The Japanese manufactures spend a lot of money on coming up with these designs and also the majority of the wheels they produce are forged and not cast this makes the wheels stronger and lighter than a cast wheel but this is only really needed and wanted for people that want the best of the best for racing most OEM wheels are cast.

Rota are offering a copy that is not of the same specification as the wheel they have copied but they still meet the JWL standards so are fine to use. They are one of the biggest manfactures of OEM wheels in the world next to Enkei this shows where there strength lies someone comes to them with a design and they put it into production they don't do any real design work themselves.

It's the way of the world that when something is very pouplar but expensive people will find a way to copy that product and sell it cheaper it would just be nice to see some of the vast profit that rota are making go into coming up with a unique wheel design all of there own.

If everybody brought rota wheels then the comanys like rays would be going out of business and then where would rota be with nothing to copy?

lol, maybe I should have made myself clearer! I don't like every style of rota wheel either :) but there is a lot of people who for instance love a rays volk wheel and hate a rota grid even though they look exactly the same...... Plus there are a lot more jdm wheels out there that rota haven't copied and just because they are jdm people love them even though they (a vast majority of the time) look shit

Its not the fact they are JDM its the fact they are original!!

Would you say the same about clothing brands? :pardon:

• 3 weeks later...

Tbf right theres that many different wheels on the market now that if you started up your own company and you designed a wheel without thinking of any type of wheel you can gaurantee that there will be a wheel on the market that will look exactly the same im not saying rota dont copy im just saying how do you tell that they are ?