my work mule (Beril aka the skank whore)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a shit hot idea Adrian and the one im goin to use at the moment, its just finding the right shade now.

fitted all the panels and lights today, the whole car would look good in mat black.

DSC00031.jpg

so from 95-01 in an hour.

still have a long way to go before she will get resprayed, i need to weld the repair arch on the rear passenger side three quater,

get my front bib, wing mirrors and yellow fogs

also do a whole host of wee bits and bobs,

i still have no plans to touch the engine, theres no point i dont think as its fast enough,

totaly never even expected it to start out like this but since the prang thought fuck it why not will be good once finnished

any ideas welcome :unsure:

mint runaround! shame about the prang, glad all is well and good progress so far in the facelift...

just think if u didnt have the ek that coulda been the JAM with a broken nose... ;)

• 2 months later...

time for an update me thinks,

ive spent abit of time amasing parts for the ek, the build is gona totaly transform the car, colour wise and engine wise.

last wk got majorly pissed off with the cat and after it rusted away i gutted it thent the fastners went, upgraded to a proper decat, fitted it in 15 min

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

im trying to get the bodywork finnished, fucked into a phesant at an illegal speed on one of the back roads obliterating the bumper

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

i now have a bumper i picked up from the scrappys which im currently prepping at the moment

on the wknd me and a mate from school set about sorting out the rust on the innner arch and welding a new arch on.

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

most of the rust prepped back along with the inner arch

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

im goin to spray it at some point next wk as well as fitting a few other parts in preperation for the engine conversion

il keep use posted

@ wallace aye i would rather it looked ruff as fuck but right now its a tug chariot. im totaly legal but the police pull me all the time

only a few mates understand what the cars capable of, others just think its a proper shed

@phil

i do most of the work myself so its quite cheap what im doing as i dont pay close to standard prices including for parts.

i have to spray the car now due to repairing the arch so why not a change as its not costing me much. il prep and prime it myself. lianne picked the colour as i couldent make up my mind. its not origenal but it will look pretty minted with some rims i have.

ive got the modifying bug due to some of the cars i have properly scalped in standard trim looking like a right shed and beating smug drivers in cars that cost 15 times as much is alot of fun. the cars just crying out for more torque.

im getting alot more technical with athena. some good updates to come :p

If it makes you happy mate, let the mods continue for both cars.

Joz

Amen Joz,

Both brilliant cars....and fast! Why not get the best of both worlds???

Turbo and Vtec are two completely different aspects but both give you that great feeling behind the wheel.

Obviously we are all biased here (no s**t sherlock) But if you can work on both Enz........JUST DO IT!!!

Mike

• 1 month later...

this is what beril used to look like

DSC00032.jpg

everything lining up straight bar the bumper meeting the boonnet due to not having the right clips

fastfoward a few months

heres how beril stands at the moment after more damage

actualy totaly plugged into my origenal idea of making it look like a shed when i got it,

baited some quick cars wi it and i totaly love the rat look of it like this bellow

looking like this people totaly dont expect it to have the power that it does

P1000153.jpg

bottom of the bumper missing and the kinks in the bonnet

P1000151.jpg

check out the cabel ties holding the two parts of the bumper together

P1000165.jpg

the damage came after i was up in fortwilliam i came out to the car and soms c"""nt had properly shunted into it and done a runner totaly fucking up the front end,

chek the kink in the cross member warrenting a new one

P1000172.jpg

so half an hours work later on sunday i set about stripping beril again for the second time

P1000173.jpg

P1000174.jpg

if it were up to me id drive it about and not bother with the respray but constant pressure from lianne and my mates have pushed me into getting it looking normal

lianne wanted me to make it a type r replica but thought whats the point and it would mean more work for the spraying

i have all the new parts waiting so by the time i get back from my hols it will be looking totaly standard inluding 1.4 tropical badges at the back lol

ive invested some cash in the suspension and have a full cat bak exhaust with decat and this funky wails penis indution kit

P1000168.jpg

just waiting on a manfiold but the key ingreadient are some type r cams and toda springs that il get on the 3rd

this along with a remap will give me a 9k redline and aprox 190bhp, then it will be getting left alone