Off to the burns unit.

As some of my friends on face book may have seen I had a little accident at work the other day when I had an argument with some hot fat and got 2nd degree burns on my wrist. I'm off to the burns unit shortly and just wondered who else had had injuries at work?

A quick pic for those who hadn't seem it.

a7332144.jpg

Rob

Fuck that shit!!!!! A boy I worked with got hit in the head by a spring that wasnt mounted in the spring compressor properly bust his eyebrow pretty bad but he was brain dead to begin with anyway so he was ok!!

ouch that looks nasty dude :( hope your ok

as for injuries at work I've had a few. Used to work in a haulage warehouse. Had a lorry driver who thought he was Ken block took a corner too fast one day in a 40 footer and tipped the load. was 22 pallets of single boxed packets of soap there was thousands of them to re pallet and re stack on the lorry. got about 11 pallets in and the pallet next to me decided to tip and threw me off the side. Its a good 8foot drop which doesnt sound too bad but when you dont land on your feet onto concrete it hurts pretty bad

thats not the worst one though. About 3 years ago at my current place of work a piece of machinery kicking out 200 psi of air pressure decided to let go and shot a piece of galvanised steel weighing about 5kg out at me. hit me at well over 100mph and shot me accross the room, piereced my skin it was a mess. Hit me so hard in the hip i couldnt walk for 6 weeks took me 3 months to recover and still scarred now.

Let us know how it goes at the hospital dude?

Oooooooooch! that looks bad rob! Burns are the worst

When i worked in the kitchen at weatherspoons i was getting a bag of gravy out the microwave (everything is microwaved there even the sausages!) and it burst over my hand, it was so sticky and hot i thought it was ok at first but after running it under the cold tap for awhile and it not getting better i realised i'd taken the skin of most my thumb and back of my hand painful! Ended up in A&E dressed in gel weave stuff for about two weeks

my mates had a few electric shocks other mate had an auger drill bit bite his hand and shred it to pieces i ve been lucky only had standard injuries like cuts bangs and bruises

ouch, glad ya ok Rob, that looks rate bad!

Ive had some bad electric shocks and been burnt a few times....

Is that why your hair is always a mess :)

Get well soon lad and make sure you've filled out the accident book at work !

but there only computers...

wow that looks nasty :( hope u get better soon buddy :)

about 3 years ago sum one ran a electric pallet truck on the my foot and just on to my ankle n it only stopped once my foot was right under there n the wheel couldnt touch the floor no more :/ it was the counter ballence part with all the batteries on it so it was the heavyest part (just my luck lol ) lucky it was just a lil sprain tho so i got away luck tbh :)