Having a nightmare of a day today and just needed to vent some anger somewhere.

First of all i was due to tax my van on the 1st of this month, ive been pestering my insurance company for over a week now to get my insurance certificate an they say thier system cant format my (scottish) address so my van is off the road for 3 days now and if i dont get it taxed today i cant tax it till monday so ill have missed out 5 days work, so im just over 600 quid out of pocket!

To top it off i went down to the van today and the side door was open! Locks burst and over £1000 worth of tools gone! So i was £300 to buy some replacement tools thismorning to cover work for now.I live in 1 of the worst ''schemes'' in glasgow with junkies everywhere so i know they are already long gone, so ive spent most of thismorning and this afternoon kicking junkies up and down parkhead cross.

One of the worst things about it is 1 of the guys who works for me left his tools in the van and they are gone too, but his tools have great sentimental value to him as most ofthem belonged to his grandad who passed away a few weeks ago.

The junkies who didnt get a sore nose have een offered 100 quid to grass thier mates up and get the tools back so heres hoping we get them back and lets hope i dont end up in jail for assualt!

bit of advice mate thats all terrible and feel for you as a tradesman myself but when a van gets robbed they usually hit it again in a week or so cause they know all the tools get replaced.

Ive just baught the van recently. If they had known it was mine it wldnt have happened and it wont happen again after whats been hapening today, ill gaurentee that.

My dad has came down to take me away for a while to clear my head before i end up in the jail but nothing seems to be working atm! Not been this angry for a long time

i dont blame you id be exactly the same mate !! its a piss take when people build up a variety of anything whether it be tools car bits anything then it takes one skanky drugged up low life to take it all away to sell it for a couple hundred quid when you have spent thousands getting that collection together its not just tools to you though its your job !! lets hope you get ya tools back mate

keep an eye on local newspapers and selling websites for stuff for sale close to you !! i know every trade will always know what tools are theres so sure if you go see them you will know whether they are yours or not!!

That's fucking dreadful mate I'm tryna build up my tools n im only just learning the prices :( so can feel for u on how much uve lost out on just for sum prick to hav there fix :/ hope they over dose on it just as karma

Best of luck with your tax and getting your tools back mate

I got it taxed today after a lot of hassle, i told them if they didnt get me a cover note i was going to go on a rampage and ram my bullbars into expensive cars and give them a hefty claim to sort out! I got a cover note 5 minutes later. What was so hard about that.

Got a few big jobs on 2morrow that should help pay for the majority of whats been nicked but its a few homers i was looking forward to for getting some extra cash in so im gutted:(

My tools are useless to anyone who isnt a carpet fitter tbh only a carpet fitter would have use for them so they wont get them sold.

Trying to put it to the back of my mind tbh i was running around like a madman today im lucky i didnt get arrested. I know for a fact it was the junkies but i cant prove it so kicking fuck out of a few of them helped me feel better today:d

Cant believe this but guess what?

I got my tools back:o

Theres a stanley knife and a pry bar and a drill missing but im over the moon!

Just a shame ive replaced the majority of stuff but having our own tools back is awesome!

I did report it to the police due to the sort of tools that were stolen. You could do a lot of damage with them. I had a stanley knife stolen a few years back and someone got slashed with it and i got pulled in for it. Didnt want that hapening again.

Imo i did the right thing its the only thing they know and it wont happen again.