--maddox710-- Forged vf24 Build Thread

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Done a fair bit over the last 4 days swapped out my old head for a fresh new ported head I've made myself, at first i had a nightmare getting the tolerances within spec , but magically the old head had the right size shims in to pass me through. Epic!

Spec of the head is

Toyota valve stem seals

Toyota valve springs

Polished combustion chambers

Ported and polished exhaust runners

Also took some material from round the valve walls in the chamber to help gases transition faster.

One thing i noticed from the old worm our head that the cams were terribly worn , upto 1.14mm short lobes than the fresh one , most likely the reason I struggled to make power on the last mapping session.

Then I managed to get the citoen/peugeot powersteering pump in and working , and works great , much better than having the no powersteering that felt notchy. It was abit of a faff getting it all in on my own, got there in the end thou.

Yeh beat place for it. Got standard pegout mount coming soon so can mock itup. Was suprised at how it manouvered without power steering though, not that bad

Its tight though i must say not much space for the hoses , its not to bad when rolling without but mine seems notchy but i didnt loop it i just left the fittings off so it lost all the fluid in the rack. Which seems to cushion the rack a little

• 1 month later...