--maddox710-- Forged vf24 Build Thread

Today was the first slice of track action the little glanza seen.

Set of at 7:30 this morning for Curborough sprint track with a couple of friend and their kit cars.

To be honest was pleased with how it held up of the damp track and, putting the power down was pretty hard, but once the other cars had made a dry patch it as fairly easy to chuck it into the corners. Learnt a fair bit about what's needed to improve the handling today and top of the list is rear anti roll bar and lsd gearbox

Have got loads of videos of the v going up load later on

IMG-20131102-WA0003_zpsd4584fcc.jpg

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome there mate! I was at curborough a few months back! Didn't get chance to have a play though :(

Gutted dude, not a bad little track for. A starter. We are on about hiring the track out in the summer as its fairly cheap, if we get 10 people works out about the same as a full tank of fuel each

Well now she's off the road I give her one last clean and started tearing down for the winter and the forged engine to go in

20131116_103811_zpse444d834.jpg

Managed to get intercooler off and all. Piping, battery, radiator fan,front bumper, catch can+fittings,horn external wastegate hoses and some more shit I haven't listed

20131116_153547_zps76770358.jpg

Also brought some ARP mains bolts for the other engine, only need head bolts and maybe hg

Would it be okay to re use athena mls head gasket??

More stripping down today, got manifold and turbo etc of this morning, looks like I had a leak out the high pressure side oil feed for the td04 and it's left a right mess so il have a right job it all up, no worries though everything will be clean when old engine has been pulled out

20131117_133130_zps9667bf63.jpg

Looking a right mess atm

20131117_141451_zps7eb7b304.jpg

IMG-20131117-WA0000_zpsa3622f9b.jpg

Put half of the new turbo up against td04 for a comparison

20131117_141938_zpsd8fe1c40.jpg

Sounds awesome!

Will be looking forward to seeing the after winter changes bud :thumbsup:

Well done mate getting on with it ive been stripping mine down this weekend..look forward to the new updates

Cheers lads, I can't wait to get this new engine in myself

• 3 weeks later...