Josh@TunerLifestyle's Project Glanza *20/06/14*

Hey guys :)as some of you have seen im back in a EP!So. Heres some snaps of my new glanza i will be using to show off our stickers , and styles on!FDABF659-6BE5-49C9-A8C2-6AFA9670BB08-20845B68B7C-9CB9-44EC-8D6A-A1673DA8366F-208EAE25F6E-C681-4D40-882F-24EE764513C3-20893EC01FF-B879-4A87-88B1-59C244366007-2081877E275-4FBF-44BE-81C9-FED8F943F1AC-208Spec list to follow soon as i know ! :pall i have to say is i have missed boos and i am glad to be back!keep your eyes on this as it will be changing a fear bit over winter wink.png

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drooollll! What does it need doing to it? Or is everything fine?

couple little things here and there! oil leak, water leak , exhaust banging ever bumps, things ill be geting sorted very soon :)

paid for a full hose set from cjperformance :) , got a nice little 5E in the garage waiting to get built ;)

gunna clean everything up and make it my own!

No they don't

The big issue with fixing harnesses to rear seat belt points is that in a front end crash, you risk badly damaging your spine because you, the seat and the harness can/do pivot forwards & down (think what would happen if the flimsy fibreglass seat back snapped!).

MSA (Blue Book, Part K) say that the rear harness straps are prefered at an angle of +/- 10 degrees from horizontal, down to a max of 45 degrees. So your car would be unlikely to pass scrutineering if you mount to the rear seat belt points anyway, and you won't get to a nice shallow angle without a harness bar.

Personally i took the decision that i'd rather be as safe as possible, and risk having a cage that needs re-certifying, than risk a front end impact that crushes my spine.

A poorly fitted harness will be a lot more damaging than a standard seatbelt!

It needs to be more like this:

IMG-20120226-00123.jpg

you belts need to be crossed mate. like this.

This looks awesome by the way. I always have a soft sport for track cars.

whats the full spec?

This does look cool but i dont want everything pink :p just the cage lol

This is the car that made me go TD04!

Cant believe Andy has sold it, and like I said on FB, will never forgive him haha...

BUT... at least it's gone to you Josh!

yup :) atleast you get to see this car and see it carry on growing! you know this car is going to be crazy ;)

No they don't

The big issue with fixing harnesses to rear seat belt points is that in a front end crash, you risk badly damaging your spine because you, the seat and the harness can/do pivot forwards & down (think what would happen if the flimsy fibreglass seat back snapped!).

MSA (Blue Book, Part K) say that the rear harness straps are prefered at an angle of +/- 10 degrees from horizontal, down to a max of 45 degrees. So your car would be unlikely to pass scrutineering if you mount to the rear seat belt points anyway, and you won't get to a nice shallow angle without a harness bar.

Personally i took the decision that i'd rather be as safe as possible, and risk having a cage that needs re-certifying, than risk a front end impact that crushes my spine.

A poorly fitted harness will be a lot more damaging than a standard seatbelt!

so what you recommend i do? as i have not got a bar across like the the image , i do want it all nice and secure but at the same time as little hassle as possible lol

Wow just so damn sexy fair play to ya dude another sweet ep

cheers matey :)

Looks mint dude! Love that cage!!

thanks drongo :) cant wait for next years shows :D

You should be able to get a harness bar welded on to your original cage dude for not very much :)

thing is i wouldn't just want it welded on. id like to be able to remove the bar ( if needed me ) like the rest of the cage.

ill have to get some quotes, ill ask dean this weekend as i am off up to him :) he is adjusting the bucket seat forward as my little legs struggle to reach the pedals :p

Really glad this went to a good home! We still sorting that seat frame tomorrow? Also if you want the roll cage adding too let me know I've done a few including my mates type r turbo where it ran a single diagonal bar in the rear and I converted it too a cross bar with proper harness bars! It's now perfect and looks loads better! I'll talk to you tomorrow :-)

Dean