Sutton's Glanza V (For Sale)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet it's nice to drive now mate with that kind of ponies on a ct9

Yeah its so responsive! And pulls so hard, you don't have to rev the tits off it :)

BWAAAAHHHHH!!

This was my reaction to the kind of result..

It is also the sound I predict your motor now makes!

It does sound a bit louder bwaarpppooosshhh.

Thats a cracking result mate!

Thanks dude.

Good result mate. That exhaust looks nice. shiny!

Cheers man. Thats bcos i polished it :p

Sweet looking car pal !

Cheers man:)

Hi mate what does that exhaust sound like is it every loud ??

And lovely look v

It sounds nice! Goes raspy when you open it up which is what i like:) It is quite loud but not deafening! I keep meaning to measure how loud it is in db for Japfest, as Castle Combe are so strict on noise :/ Edited by smobey_sutton2

Update >>

IMG_0251_zps95938ac5.jpg

IMG_0252_zpsaf9545ea.jpg

Got some brand new Astra CDTI discs and some ST185 Single Piston Calipers :) and new Yellow Stuff Pads on order.

Really pleased! Calipers in good nick, with only a small amount of surface rust, all seals in tact and a moving pistons:) Will be giving these a bloody good clean first of course and then painting.

Test fitted the discs this evening and i'm glad to say i've bought the right ones :p Will be dropping them to a friends Engineering Workshop tomorrow to have the necessary metal taken off them:)

So will hopefully have these fitted within the next week!

Thanks to Amjad for helping me with some info!

No problem Toby, good to hear you're already on it :D

by the way we bled mine once, drove a few dozen miles and redid it again. After the second time they were rock hard without a BMCS or braided lines ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

Received the discs back from the machiners, great job, perfect spacers too!

While i was waiting for them, i gave the carriers and calipers a good clean, and a few coats of paint.

A picture showing new carrier with my yellow stuff pads vs the only carrier with red stuff pads.

B1361954-9F92-4664-A3F5-61B044D05675-267

And got them all fitted up last night!

51ABC65C-831B-4737-80F6-2A269234FEAD-267

E5EB5A5C-D558-4016-A5B0-ABD109A0F571-267

9332B929-2C42-45D3-8A8B-61CC3FF2200B-267

9E06ADCA-2702-4ADD-A46F-9ABD853D2773-267

Was pretty straight forward. Gave them a good bleed both sides and made sure of no leaks etc.

Went to put the wheels back on when i was done, to find that they didn't fit over the brakes:/ But luckily i managed to source some 5mm spacers this morning which have worked a treat, but the clearance is tight, so thinking about taking a bit off the outer edge of the carrier to allow for any heat expansion!

Here's a picture of them behind the wheels anyway... :)

7F13269F-C09C-4FC3-8CEE-99724A4C9C5C-267

Took the car out for a good test drive in the sun today, to start running them in gently and all is good, the pedal feels perfect, can't wait to try them out properly!

Good job mate! i was thinking about going this route but was unsure what discs and stuff was needed looks great though bet they work well

Yeah man, its pretty straight forward and such good value for money!! Pm me if you want any help on what to get, and measurements etc. Or pm Amjad (im sure he wont mind) as he helped me when i was first looking into this:)

Very nice! You will love them once you've tested them out properly ;)

Aha, yeah guna run them in nicely and then will give them a good testing! :)

Nice brake setup. Do you have the 25mm disc or thicker ones ?

Almost same as mine.

Got the celica T165 GT 4wd/camry v6 calipers

And toyota prius drilled discs.

What brake master cylinder are you going to use ?

Yeah think they are 25mm thick, ill check next time ive got the wheels off. You don't have to change the master cylinder to run this setup, so sticking with stock:)

Few bits arrived the other day :) Just sorting a couple things before Japfest, and hoping to get an oil temperature gauge fitted so i can monitor my temperatures better!

3BC12E3E-EA2E-41D2-873B-EF16A34E14E4-330

Cambelt kit - as its due and want the peace of mind, having a fresh cambelt before going on track.

Inner CV boot - The nearside one is split, not a big issue but good to get it sorted.

3 gauge pillar pod from Nomad Racing - my 2 gauge pillar pod has seen better days and as im going to be installing an oil temperature gauge soon, this is needed:)

Have also ordered an oil filter sandwich plate from ID workz ready for the oil temp gauge, still undecided on what gauge to get but thinking a D1 spec gauge, to keep with my theme of white gauges!

More updates to follow :thumbsup: