• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clean mate you need to paint them weds white

Thanks mate I'm not sure what colour to get them done I didn't really like the look of the car with the White wheels on it I was thinking like a metallic bronze or sumthin maybe ??

• 2 weeks later...

right guys my car has sat in the garage for 6 months think I've done a total of 5km lol went to go a drive today and its really smokey on idle and when i stop. it dont smell like oil or anything its pissing me off tbh what sould i do/check im gona get a compression tester to check that then suppose change the turbo would be the next thing to do?? i cant think what it could be the car only has 60k on it and when id the turbo off to change the mani and oil feed ther was no play in the shaft at all and no oil in round the turbo any advice would be great

Havnt had the inlet off but I've changed a load of hoses and vacume pipes for new ones.. I'm gona let it sit and run for half a hour see if it clears A bit I've just left my wheels in for new tyres so can even go a drive fs

well all the smoke cleared must just have been from the car being sat in the garage for so long went a good drive n it was fine done a compression test on the engine got some good results cyl1 155 cyl2 155 cyl3 155 cyl4 156 so happy with that all seems fine :)

Edited by Whitenoize
  • 2 weeks later...

well officaly got the starlet back on the road this weekend was good to be boosting about again but the dreaded fuel cut was really pissing me off had to turn the boost down to .4 to stop it hitting fuel cut :( got up at 6 thismorning and took a 370 mile round trip up to shefield to pick up a mine,s plug and play ecu and it has compleatly transformed the car couldnt be happyer with it tbh was well worth the trip and the way home was great fun got a few cheeky races on the way back only up to the speed limit ofcorse :p and it did cost me a fortune on petrol lol but all good fun just need to get my new 255 fuel pump fitted happy with wer the car is at the min can just enjoy it now over the summer and save some money for a forge build next winter got it booked in for a power run next thur so will update with my dyno graph n that

When the hrf Ecu got here socks tested it and it was for a mk1 gt I would hav had to swap a few wires round on my loom n I didn't really want to start fucking about with wires n that I would have made a mess of it lol

Yeah mate the guy was called Simon sound bloke like I saw an add on eBay just and give him a text said he had a sr turbo conversion n it went bang on him he said he was revving it out to 8500 rpm so it's to be expected really lol

Didnt know the MK1 ecus were different.

And i thought it must have been the same mines ecu haha, id messaged him about a couple of thing he had then he told me about the mines, couldn't afford it at the time and didnt expect it to hang about tbh.

You put the boost back up now mate ?

Think it's just two wires you need to swap round mate matt sent

Me a PDF file of the different looms n that but I wouldn't know wer to start with electrics n that

Yeah man I ran .7 half way home then stopped at the services and put it up to 1bar for the last 70 mile feels like a diff car didn't expect it to go so well but my boost controller keeps firing up a warning and flashing red and beeping at me it's not creeping or anything as it's not going past a bar on my gauge so will have to play about with it see y it doing that

Yeah I'd be happy with 180bhp so anything over is s bonus it was 144bhp when I last had it on the dyno and that was before I got all the bits just had exhaust air filter and boost at .8 still had the cat n everything on ther at the time it feels alot better now so will be interesting to find out