I know this is a starlet forum so opinions will be very biased but I'll ask anyway!

Right. I'm going to be selling up my teg because insurance is just shy of £2k and tax is £120 for 6 months!

Now my dilemma is... Do I..

A ) Buy a b18c4 EG

Or

B ) Buy a starlet GT Turbo

I'm really stuck! If someone has owned both or driven both could you help me out please.

Thanks

Dc2 is the better car than the eg i think you would be disappointed tbh few of my friends have had dc2's

ek vti's

eg18c4's with stage 2 cams and a remap

And the most impressive by far was the dc2

Cant comment on the gt turbo as the only one I've been in wasnt running right!

How much cheaper is a GT or EG? The best car out of those is the DC2, going from a DC2 to a swapped EG will only be disappointing I think, it's a big downgrade (depending on what mods the EG has).

The Starlet has a lot of potential for future power upgrades but overall the DC2 is better "out of the box" if you know what I mean, with nothing done to it at all it's still quick and handles well etc...

No it's as a 1.3 mate. I'm really in two minds lol. I've had a starlet n/a, ek4 vti and a dc2 so unsure what to do..

So are you going to declare it or run it totally illegally? Surely once declared the insurace will be Teg level

Starlet will be faster than a civic as its lighter and smaller.

I have a civic (only a D16 though) and i love it!

If i could afford the insurance id have a starlet though :p

Also EG's are all rusted to fuck now, youd be lucky to find a good one luckyier still for it to have the B18 swap done.

DC2's are all rust buckets aswell!

Edited by RandomDan

My dc2 is the mintest out there by far! 77k FULL HONDA history, Services TWICE every year without fail!! No rust or scratches or anything lol. Just can't afford to insure it ATM.

Also I've neve had boost, I'm not comparing the teg to the gt or eg, the dc2 HAS to go. I'm comparing the eg and gt.

My dc2 is the mintest out there by far! 77k FULL HONDA history, Services TWICE every year without fail!! No rust or scratches or anything lol. Just can't afford to insure it ATM.

Also I've neve had boost, I'm not comparing the teg to the gt or eg, the dc2 HAS to go. I'm comparing the eg and gt.

If you cant insure the TEG then surely the EG is just as bad?