4agte EP71 from New Zealand - 11.8@119mph

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah those guys are leaning on their setups pretty hard :)

My old setup was a 16v big port 4agze from an AW11 and ran up 265hp at the wheels on 16psi with the turbo only just coming into efficiency - wasn't really being pushed at all. This setup is quite alot different being a worked 20v head and built bottom end so should produce a bit more power at the same boost - I'm hoping the power comes in quite alot earlier. The aim is to eventually lean on this engine pretty hard as I've got another engine I can piece together as a spare. Plenty of guys over here push 300+kw at the wheels - there's a AW11 MR2 with 500hp over here too.

• 1 month later...

Picture less update I'm afraid...(well of my car anyway)

Have pretty well finished the inlet manifold now short of welding on the injector bosses and making a fuel rail mount. Have modified the intercooler pipe to suit and will be re-fitting the antilag solinoid at some stage soon. With the intercooler pipe changing I've cut off the BOV and will re mount this onto the shorter pipe. Currently sorting a couple of other cars to fund a few new parts - have got a mates fairly serious forged 5efte EP82 that I'm building a new manifold and drop pipe to suit a big Turbonetics T4 along with fitting his big brakes. Just waiting for the turbo to arrive. Have already setup the coil on plug ignition.

img2631w.jpg

Edited by Stu
  • 3 months later...

Ages since last update - I've been crazy busy lately but have had a bit of progress.

Welded a plate onto the inlet plenum, drilled the holes and fitted the throttle body.

253%20-%20Inlet%20dummy.jpg

Then tacked on some injector bosses and tested the rail for fitment

254%20-%20Injectors%20dummy%20up.jpg

Then made some tabs between the runners to bolt the rail back to.

Ignore the bolts, I spun some long bolts down to the right size and drilled/tapped the tabs.

255%20-%20Rail%20mount.jpg

Another shot

256%20-%20Rail%20mount.jpg

Here it is before welding

258%20-%20Rail.jpg

Then welded it all up

257%20-%20Inlet%20welded.jpg

Also had a few Link ECU's to buy for mates/customers so bought one for me too

259%20-%20Link.jpg

Since then I've re-wired all the charge circuit and fuse box wiring and wrapped it in techflex, have made a start on mounting the ecu and have planned out the new loom. I've also bought all the new fluids for the first 3 oil changes, gearbox oil and racing brake fluid. Will need to finish the antilag/idle up solenoid mounting on the underside of the inlet and then setup the vacuum tee's before assembling the inlet for good. Few fuel lines to make, new brake lines for the front and then small stuff to finish.

Have also been working on the Angry Smurf again - the turbo finally turned up after a 4-5 month wait so started on the new turbo manifold.

Garreth%2001%20-%20Turbo.jpg

Made up a quick downpipe

Garreth%2002%20-%20Drop%20pipe.jpg

Then made a start on the manifold

Garreth%2003%20-%20Manifold%20start.jpg

Have made the merge collector but no photos of that yet

• 1 month later...

Man you're such a tease! :lol:

Cant wait for this to be finished :D

Haha, well photos of wiring and small stuff is boring so had to update with something :)

Will get some up of the 4ag soon

• 5 months later...