Pinske's EP91 N/A

Hello, been on here a year or so now but not really properly introduced myself :S My names Sam Pinske, I have an 1997 EP91 N/A, held my licence for well over a year and owned my EP for well over a year but only managed to afford my insurance in the last month haha tongue.png

Got big plans for it (as most do) as im building it alongside my mate who's building a 1.8 20V turbo 6N polo. Anyway, work is slow as I'm a very poor student, but since I've been insured I've got my corolla inlet mani on and a K&N panel filter and the difference is fantastic! Also got a set of 15x6.5J TSW pace's on it, not the best wheels but their light and handle well. So I think I'll make this thread a mini-build thread until I engine swap it next year wink.png

Gonna be dropping a Glanza lump in it towards the end of 2013, had planned on a 2ZZ GE coversion but lack of time/ funds/ space to do it has stopped it. smile.png In the mean time I'm gonna gather as much info on the starlet as possible and see what other people have done to their EPs whilst also sorting the handling and brakes.

Wanting to do the rear disc conversion, polybush it and get a good set of coilies so all suggestions are welcome smile.png

This is it when I got it, but looks the same now. 50k on the clock, full dealership service history. MINT.
p4pb6430403.jpg
p4pb6430409.jpg
p4pb6430416.jpg

Corolla mani and panel filter.
p4pb8743433.jpg

so managed to test fit my mates 14" steelies off a scirocco on the starlet. after seeing them on I am definately gonna invest in some 15" G60s which are very similar smile.png
p4pb8817082.jpg
p4pb8817088.jpg

Square plate on as well :)
p4pb8893293.jpg

Edited by pinske
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i know its a straight swap but i wanna do something a bit different plus the fact it's still a 1.3 and anything over 180bhp im gonna have to splash on forged internals.. not sure what other engines i could go for, ive got plenty of mechanical experience so it wont be too hard. any suggestions? im still undecided on what to do

cheers, Pinske :)

anywhere from 220 - 250 and ill be happy, then again would love a mad 300bhp+ beast! thats why i thought the 2ZZ would be a better option seen as it comes with 190 stock. probably a bit far fetched and ill end up doing a 4efte conversion haha

thanks everyone, you're all very friendly on here! :) anyone got suggestions for what coilies i should buy? will be buying them at the start of january, I can afford BCs or D2s but they are pricey, and its well over a months wages for me. Anyone know of cheaper coilies around £400?

Also got my 'fart cannon' backbox in the post yesterday, measured up the existing exhaust (from the mani back) and will be welding up a full straight through system rather than cannablize the standard system which ill keep for the MOT.

D2's are a load of shit from what i hear, BC's and Meisters are pretty similar but great (correct me if i'm wrong, never owned a set of coilys) Best to look out for a second hand set of teins that have been looked after if your budgeting about £400 as Meisters hold their value. I think for now, until you've got a few years no claims, you should chuck the money into handling and brakes and prepare the car ready for conversion. The 4AGE isn't as bad conversion as you think, morgey is running decent power without a turbo and he's still pushing 170bhp. Think about going down the the 5e route. The 5efe engine from the paseo is a pretty straight swap, and until you can afford to turbo it, it's a quicker n/a for you nip about it, it's all the fashion lately ;) http://www.ukstarlet...showtopic=52242

Edited by Billy SR

Welcome along dude, dont listen to the haters n/a engine swaps ftw :lol:

Think the biggest problem with that swap is the exhaust manifold and the brake master cylinder. That being said it has been done so its deffinately not impossible

I've had my 4age 20v in 22months now and i still love driving it every time, it may only be 175hp but it sure as hell doesnt bore me yet :D

thanks for the advice :) yeah, ive had a look at dans, it looks amazing! defo want a nice high revving N/A for it as well but thats all still waayyy down the line until i find a nice celica t-sport thats had a rear end shunt that i can strip and use :p

ill have a hunt around for 2nd hand meisters i reckon :)

Pinske.

• 3 weeks later...