I need your help in tempting me to make a 200 mile trip.

rears would be drums on an n/a i'm pretty sure, i'm gonna be focusing on handling and brakes, blame Amjad :p

yeah i'm doing it and turning into a jam 5e replica in the unknown future 8)

Edited by Billy SR
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude if you want the front wheel bearing doing if you get it. Give us a shout I'm only in Bracknell like 10 mins from you and have a press and stuff at my workshop

Edited by Jhandy

Lmao its 200 miles lads, i flew to scotland and drove the 85 back, drove to northampton to collect a bonnet, to midelsbrough to buy my levin, to manchester for an exhuast and i live in southampton lol its only a two and a half hour drive each way, costs half a day to possably gain a car :)

turns out it's a non power steering model, which would probably prepare me if i was to buy an 82 in the future, which i was intending with 2 years no claims, but i can't really afford to maintain one. am i gonna notice much difference as i could pretty much palm everywhere in the sr, or would it be more beneficial if i was to use the car on track? i've just never driven anything without p/s before. he also told me was a mechanical engineer by trade, so he's offered to repack and adjust the bearings beforehand.

i'm not sure about the one above, it's just a collection of google images haha

Edited by Billy SR

i never knew that, you don't really see people talking about it. i just presumed that with some 91's not having it, they wouldn't. think i'm just gonna go for it, just waiting for my sort of uncle to ring me, to save me a journey if it's a shitter.

not having power steering when parking is a bit pants. and yu cant 'palm' drive.

but give it a spirited drive and yu see the benefits. plus when driving about you feel the road much more. and if the pioint of this car is lightweight sleeper then i wouldbnt even consider one with powersteering tbh. they are light cars.

youll get used to it.

Do it. Salmon pink would be ledge! I've done a 300 mile trip for some dc2 recaros so just do it. It looks pretty clean and id of thort those advisories are a fairly easy fix. Id did two rear bearings on my drive in an evening

one on ebay went for £285 quid lol. just need to buy it! my glanza and my old civic both times i just jumped on a plane to birmingham jumped in the car and drove the 330miles home ha. poped a intercooler pipe of with the glanza tho was stuck in the middle of nowhere for 3 hours waiting on the rac to bring my a screw driver :blush:

Not everyone can afford a turbo Ad..

Bill go for it! It's a good price! No PAS can be a bit of a pain (my dad had an old starlet without PAS but once moving it was fine). However.. ARMSSSS haha

Is it just me that thinks NA's and especially in pink are shit?

Like...fully shit.

I think you're missing the point. You think it looks fully shit like 99% of other road users but when it comes flying past ya u'd be pissed off that a pink p.o.s was so quick lol

Do it Billy, you've been after one of these for ages!

you know it makes sense haha

Is it just me that thinks NA's and especially in pink are shit?

Like...fully shit.

as i said, i would be picking this colour for the banter. :D because every person that ever saw my sr was just like 'is that a turbo' which just did it in for me, despite how nice satin black would polish up.

Have to agree, the idea is its a full sleeper, so the crappier they look the better!!!

it's gonna stay 4efe for the time being, i need a car to teach myself up on, i never really did much work to my sr and i've gotta afford some form of social life whilst at uni and only working 12 hours a week :p ideal aim over the next few years would be the jam n/a setup, without the bodykit for which i've just found another vid

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRa2kICy6u8

hopefully the car should be looked at this weekend, so i might be driving from barnsley to aldershot or southampton next week :bad:

Edited by Billy SR