I need your help in tempting me to make a 200 mile trip.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it bought dude! Them advisories are bugger all, front is the only one needed to be done by a garage, packing the rears with grease and adjusting them will be fine, any perished bushes are just an excuse for powerflex. Brakes as above a strip and clean would do it (Piece of piss!)

Buy it, and just try the above things to haggle the price. but if he is a mechanic he will probably know there tiny jobs lol

Really dreading the idea of a 250 mile drive back when I've never driven a non p/s car, but my uncle in barnsley is looking at it tomorow, so ill soon find out if its a shitter or not. The car has just had a new radiator fitted, and I'm not sure what would have caused that to go in the first place. Don't know why I'm worrying so much, spent a year in an n/a!

How do you find the yellow stuffs morgey? I had greens before and noticed a small difference over standard. Would probably just be a pad and disc job for now as i want to do things i regret not doing before like an ARB and rear strut. It was probably the shitty sr springs and nothing holding the back down which caused me crash before.

Edited by Billy SR

Yellow stuffs were good, needed a lil bit of heat in them but generally ok, was just the discs i had drilled and grooved n they cracked on track but for road they were fine :)

Oh n 250 miles will mostly be motorway so you wont even notice the steering ;)

Edited by morgey

dont be a girl. non power steering is fine!

if little old ladies that a majority of these cars have been owned by (including mine) previously could drive em, im sure youll be fine!

get it bought. i think ive got some glanza carriers and calipers you could have for cheap.

and i know ive got some n/a grooved discs and mintex pads with about 5000 miles use again could have em cheap. they are just sitting here.

first think i'm buying before anything are the wheels, really fancy the idea of some lightweight 13's or 14's for the lowness, but there's not much choice. this is saying something to me though. project slammon needs them arches

SSA54156.jpg

Edited by Billy SR

i honestly don't have much money to spend on car or the place to do any major work at this point in time, i'm a student living in halls and if it wasn't for having a job i wouldn't even be considering buying another car right now haha

Bill,

Front bearing is not a big job, if you don't have a press just a socket and hammer and a bit of heat! And if you want brakes I will give you my GT front calipers for nothing.. Just pay the postage! Get them out my garage!

John

Bill,

Front bearing is not a big job, if you don't have a press just a socket and hammer and a bit of heat! And if you want brakes I will give you my GT front calipers for nothing.. Just pay the postage! Get them out my garage!

John

you've got a pm john! and he said he would attend to the bearings :)