Deebo's uk spec ep80 - starting to inject some life!

Picked up today by Shorty is my new car! Its a 1992 uk spec 1 litre gl. Its got a 1 litre 1E carb engine and some pretty cool old school styling lol Grant, Shorty and myself have a few plans and ideas floating around including a few gt bits and maybe an eengine swap in a few years. the best bit is as they are toyota stock components so the insurance cant complain http://www.ukstarletowners.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/blum.gif

anyway here it is

T2eC16JHJHEE9ny2p6RtBQ5uF3oM60_3.jpg

KGrHqVHJEYFDLiC6Y95BQ5uKm2ow60_3.jpg

T2eC16hHJGoE9nuQhoHlBQ5uPfGfg60_3.jpg

T2eC16RHJHoE9n3Ke90ZBQ5uY8jn60_3.jpg

T2eC16VkE9s4c7BQ5oYgG7160_3.jpg

KGrHqNhEFDCTYB0K-BQ5oYkngb60_3.jpg

KGrHqFqsFCyOZfKsuBQ5oYpwOm60_3.jpg

all in all i think its pretty damn mint. its got a tiny bit of rust on the passenger side but i dont think its anything major. suffice to say im well chuffed!

will try and post up some more piccys soon. will be looking into that rust and chuckin a few bits and bobs on......

Deebo.

Edited by deebo
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes bro!! Real starlet member now :) drives sweet as a nut for a 190,000 mile old car and is sooooo clean. Has been owened by loads of people from the same family so isnt abused. Got alot of ideas for this lil beast. Will take some new pics tommorow of it parked next to its bigger 4wd brother.

yeah it was up on the bay for a quick while. saw it up there and struck a deal with the seller. best decision i ever made haha was very nearly shortys 3rd car...........

Hair i havent even driven it yet lol got it today while i was at work. had a gander at your thread all ready. a lot of love for the car man :-)

Edited by deebo

Yyes it was, is silly mint and im not even gonna tell you what i stole it for ;) but deebo is my lil bro and soooo needed draging into the scene as he comes to all the shows with me and grant :D

I've still got a jdm front grill and bumper, jdm inlet, injectors, ecu. Just no engine but we will just build a nice 4efe or 5e for it and na her for a bit once deebo has a year or two ncb under his belt

I said this to hair and ill say it to you to. Some nice retro jdm wheels. Drop it, get the handling spot on and it will be mega. :thumbsup:

Infact there are a set of wantabes on eBay 2 pairs £180 ;)

Edited by rob_bower

Dam thats some milage, goes to show toyotas engineering :)

Cant wait to see what comes of it. It would seem you have some fairly influential people close to you so i can imagine it has a good future.

Heres another ep80 for some insparation from someone on fb, not sure if hes on here tho?

309247_379627638798587_1298060814_n.jpg?dl=1

Hoping that works lol

Edited by morgey

190 is a lot but its runs pretty sweet still. Gonna rebuild it after another 10-20 k. Got a slight oil leak so thats all the exuse i need haha will get that sorted quick tho before it gets worse.

That car looks absolutley sick! Lovin the bumper and i notice a cheeky cage there too. And yeah the influence is there, thinkin of a 4e, then a 5e at a later at later date. Leavin it for now otherwise ill never afford the insurance haha. Will however do some work on the carb, give it a pancake filter and maybe some uprated internal bits.

Today tho i fit a cusco rear brace and the jdm brace. Lovingly donated by shorty. (He is all for the little beast!)

20130106_135126.jpg

20130106_135140.jpg

20130106_140716.jpg

20130106_140712.jpg

Is all for now but will be back!

Deebo

Im sooo tempted to run out and buy bits for this car!! Haha i actualy love it! Nothing quite like the giggle of an nippy na! Defo needs decking, an i may start looking for a 5e for this just to hoard away for later down the line, actual grant has a paseo............hmmmmmmmmmmm deebo destract him for a couple of hours whil i whip it out haha

Edited by shorty
  • 5 months later...

So after having them in a box for a few months i finally pulled my finger out and fitted the TRD shocks and springs i got of off jarrod (big thanks)

Heres the before and afters.

Front

20130609_154039_zps2b100288.jpg

20130609_160536_zps46eb5a9a.jpg

Rear

20130609_142900_zpsa9138df9.jpg

20130609_143940_zpsb5a6f1d1.jpg

Its was about time too as the old suspension was a gonna, perished and probably about fall off lol think banging an engine in the back was the last straw haha

It handles absolutley wicked now, alot stiffer and no roll. Shortys been throwing into corners while using it and is on the verge of stealing it i think lol

More comming in the next week hopefully.

Deebo.

On the verge of stealing it.......no............stolen it?? YES!!! Mooohahahaaa. I actualy cant belive the difference. These piss all over my teincoilovers i ran on the v. They are just stiff enough to be liveable on road but perfect for cornering and spirited driving. I shit you not i have litraly thrown it soooo hard in to bends its just such a great suspension setup!!! I dont want to fix my bmw anymore as ill have no excuss to steal this anymore when i do lol.

• 2 months later...