Hey, im crystal, i become a member as im planning on buying a V... So any help for what i should be looking for would be great ... :)

Welcome Crystal....i'm sure there's a buyers guide around here, but tbh...i would try to find a sensibly looked after car with lots of history...over serviced etc, be careful with tuned motors & always check condition of coolant/ nice clean cherry red ( if they have used decent toyota coolant) check the oil & make sure it looks clean/golden/ not black sludgy or milky white!!/caramel coloured!!., make sure the engine is totally free from any strange noises from cold/op temp & let it warm up & check the fans cut in etc...check heaters & they should be toasty after a couple of minutes.

Once at op temp just pull out the dip stick & make sure it is not chuffing like the last train to trancentral!!..also remove the oil filler cap on idle & make sure its not chuffing out of there too.

These engines are relativley bullitt proof...but some get neglected & unmercifully canned to death...

A top engine & they are very very quiet..mine was idling at just 490 rpm!!..sorted now.

Take the car out & make sure it don't pull to one side, or knock from the sussy..also get yer clog down & make sure there's no deep rumble from the engine etc...no hesitation or jerking.

They are quick..even on the low boost setting.

The gearbox should select all gears silky & no crunches!! or difficulty!!..check clutch/ no judder or slipping.

Check all panel gaps....stay away from Decatted Glanza's...unless your freindly with your local MOT'er.

Don't EVER fit cheap tyres....check the condition of the tyres on the car..check for uneven wear, turn the steering over to full lock/get out & check the insides of the tyre for any wear problems.

Don't worry about silly plasticy rattles / sqeaks inside the cabin....

Walk away from glanza's that have exessive white smoke from the exhaust..also BLUE smoke...leave it .

Blue smoke on overrun?...(foot off accelerator)...leave it.

Look for signs of accident damage/ poor repairs...color missmatch/ filler...FILLER!!...

Yes these are old motors now...but check for rust...mines a 1997..& there is NO rust whatsoever...cuz its only been in blighty for 18months...so check when it arrived in the UK.

There a tiny car...so take your time looking & always take someone with you..unsure about a car?...just walk...there are oodles of glanza's out there & now is the time to buy one.. :thumbsup:

Edited by Neo Gold

• Hey... cheers for the welcome and thanks for the info .... im pretty new to the car side of things but got into it through my partner (gt-nick) hes a mechanic so will make sure i bring him along to help me out... also what colour do you think would be best to get it in as i really like them in white or black but think there are a common colour... :/ what do you think?.. :)

• Hey... cheers for the welcome and thanks for the info .... im pretty new to the car side of things but got into it through my partner (gt-nick) hes a mechanic so will make sure i bring him along to help me out... also what colour do you think would be best to get it in as i really like them in white or black but think there are a common colour... :/ what do you think?.. :)

Doh!!..yer guys a mechanic!!!...Jeez you have NO problems then!!!!.. :D:thumbsup:

^^^

lol @ grant

Hey crystal, good to see your serious about a v, shame you missed out on alex's but at least tjis way its just even more starlet owners down south :) are you dead set on a v? Gt's are more fun to drive, rarer now and cheaper to insure!? Plus when nicks not looking you can nab parts off his haha

Edited by shorty

Haha very funny grant lol..

Hey shorty yes i definatly am lol and no not deatset on a V, i like GTs aswell but mostly been looking at Vs as thought i would have a different car to nick lol... but yea to be honest i wouldnt mind either way. :D