• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked the white 95 spec shell up last night. Big thanks to Jake (Jhandy) for his help and was pleasure to deal with. Haven't managed to get any snaps as of yet as its pissing down with rain.

Only a couple of slight minor downsides to note :

Headlight bracket has rusted all the way through so will need to weld on a new one

Where the boot sits agains't the roof line is a small area of surface rust

Spare wheel well was painted by a monkey and has flaked

Not expensive repairs by any means and will just take a couple of hours to sort. All in all I'm pretty happy and will be even happier when she starts looking like a car again lol.

2013-03-09085546_zps55052769.jpg

2013-03-09085849_zpsef2b5ccf.jpg

2013-03-09085854_zps4eb7dc49.jpg

2013-03-09085859_zpsaec1c66e.jpg

2013-03-09085908_zpsfac59524.jpg

2013-03-09085916_zpse3758acc.jpg

2013-03-09085949_zps1fae4200.jpg

2013-03-09085957_zps7e705ab0.jpg

2013-03-09090040_zps31df6806.jpg

2013-03-09085653_zps22194992.jpg

2013-03-09085700_zps0cc49d65.jpg

Poorly Painted spare wheel well

2013-03-09090050_zps454cd078.jpg

Some blue paint mark on the door which I'm hoping will T-cut out

2013-03-09085934_zps81b687f1.jpg

Slight bit of surface rust on the boot line

2013-03-09090033_zps882fa60e.jpg

Headlight bracket rusted, but I didn't realise till I took the pic it just unbolts so I may see if I can get a new one from Toyota :)

2013-03-09085551_zps78064974.jpg

2013-03-09085557_zpsa7c31b5b.jpg

Excuse the state of it, its been raining since I got it and haven't had the chance to wash it :( Will probably get rid of most of the stickers as well, will keep the Dave B one though.

Looking good mate nice shell , that used to be KTL old shell few years ago thought i recognised it

O yea forgot to say sell me them wind deflectors lol bin trying to get some for ages

Edited by Jamie_VF22
Bit of tls and many hours later it will be a monster

Hopefully buddy, can't wait to get started on it!

Looking good mate nice shell , that used to be KTL old shell few years ago thought i recognised it

O yea forgot to say sell me them wind deflectors lol bin trying to get some for ages

Yeah it is KTL's old shell, I only realised last night when I was looking through some pics and Danb87 also had the shell and been talking to him quite a lot recently. Dan was quite disapointed in the state of it as he said it was mint when he had it, but i'll get it back to its best.

I'll drop you a pm Jamie, I got 2 genuine Toyota sets here bud.

Also found out that behind the rear door cards and B pillars have been painted by a brush as you can see the brush marks, does anyone know if Hammerite leaves brush marks when painted on as thats what I was planning on using to do the rear floor.

Yea pal was mint when KTL and danb87 had it , its a shame really but im sure you will bring it back to life

Cheers adam you would be a legend if you could sell me a set

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Went to Toyota today and ordered a new headlight bracket, will be picking that up on Wednesday, was also going to order quadlights and front grille but they are discontinued :( On the look out now to get the front end looking like a car again.

Quads and grill discontinued? Must be in the last couple of years they done that! I brought new quads and grill. The lights were about 170 each and the grill was about 60 odd came painted same as the light covers did.

Are you after a gloss finish inside?

Yes mate discontinued :( I think I saw that they were £215 each anyway lol. Seems to be prices vary.

Not fussed on the finish really, as long as it doesn't flake. I would probably prefer a gloss finish though as it will be going white. Any tips? :)

Managed to get off my ass and start cracking on with this while the sun was shining yesterday :)

Firstly I ripped the whole rear interior out, all plastic trims, carpets etc. Came across a lot of paint on the roof lining, the rear window rubbers, the front window rubbers and the rear window latches, It was a mess. I got the good old white spirit out and gave these parts a good scrub with scotchbrite, didn't get any pictures of this though :(

But heres some pictures to show how poorly painted it is, with lots of runs over the towers and whoever done it even tried to paint behind the rear lights where it dips down into the rear arch :thumbsup:

Rear window frame

PoorWindowFrame_zpsbfb725d8.jpg

B Pillar, can see some of the paint on the roof lining as well.

PoorAPillar_zps62b5910e.jpg

Rear strut tower

PoorStrutTower_zpsfb63a2ab.jpg

Before I done anything on the rear

Beforeanyclean_zps23323e35.jpg

An array of multi colours

Beforeanycleanstrut_zpse839c60c.jpg

First thing was too hoover out all the shit that was under the carpet to give me a nice clean surface to start cleaning and prepping on

AfterHoover_zps49b337a4.jpg

Afterhooverrear_zps946c0249.jpg

Afterhooversparewell_zps85b3c099.jpg

Then I set about giving it a good scrub to remove any dirt before I started sanding down the awful painting, using thinners and scotchbrite, then wiped clean with warm water and dried off using a dusting cloth

Afterthinnersrear_zpscb8564d2.jpg

Afterthinnersrearseat_zps7657396f.jpg

Afterthinnersrear2_zpse9da968c.jpg

Afterthinnersrear1_zps7a3758a6.jpg

Afterthinnerswell_zpsb681ce00.jpg

After_zps94e49499.jpg

Thats as far as I got yesterday, took me around 3 hours to get it to a fairly good state before I had to go back to work.

Hoping to start sanding it down tomorrow, then once thats done I'll be starting on the front.

Managed to get off my ass and start cracking on with this while the sun was shining yesterday :)

Firstly I ripped the whole rear interior out, all plastic trims, carpets etc. Came across a lot of paint on the roof lining, the rear window rubbers, the front window rubbers and the rear window latches, It was a mess. I got the good old white spirit out and gave these parts a good scrub with scotchbrite, didn't get any pictures of this though :(

But heres some pictures to show how poorly painted it is, with lots of runs over the towers and whoever done it even tried to paint behind the rear lights where it dips down into the rear arch :thumbsup:

Rear window frame

PoorWindowFrame_zpsbfb725d8.jpg

B Pillar, can see some of the paint on the roof lining as well.

PoorAPillar_zps62b5910e.jpg

Rear strut tower

PoorStrutTower_zpsfb63a2ab.jpg

Before I done anything on the rear

Beforeanyclean_zps23323e35.jpg

An array of multi colours

Beforeanycleanstrut_zpse839c60c.jpg

First thing was too hoover out all the shit that was under the carpet to give me a nice clean surface to start cleaning and prepping on

AfterHoover_zps49b337a4.jpg

Afterhooverrear_zps946c0249.jpg

Afterhooversparewell_zps85b3c099.jpg

Then I set about giving it a good scrub to remove any dirt before I started sanding down the awful painting, using thinners and scotchbrite, then wiped clean with warm water and dried off using a dusting cloth

Afterthinnersrear_zpscb8564d2.jpg

Afterthinnersrearseat_zps7657396f.jpg

Afterthinnersrear2_zpse9da968c.jpg

Afterthinnersrear1_zps7a3758a6.jpg

Afterthinnerswell_zpsb681ce00.jpg

After_zps94e49499.jpg

Thats as far as I got yesterday, took me around 3 hours to get it to a fairly good state before I had to go back to work.

Hoping to start sanding it down tomorrow, then once thats done I'll be starting on the front.

That's why I put all the plastics in when I got it to cover it up bud. :)

Will get there in the end mate, I started sanding it down the other day, no pics as of yet but waiting for the rain to fuck off so I can get the hoover out and carry on. I'll prob end up sticking the plastics back on, but just want it looking mint :)

Done a bit more work over the last few days or so.

Removed all the stickers from the windows, except the Dave B one as I know you can't get them anymore :cray: Not really in the place I would like it though so I may still end up removing it yet, we'll see. About an hour later and a few fingers nails after she ended up like this

Nostickers2_zps05018240.jpg

Nostickers_zpsfaeb6d7b.jpg

I also went and picked up my new headlight bracket from Toyota

Newbracket_zpsb31ea8a7.jpg

New Vs Old

Newvsoldbracket_zps67626962.jpg

Started sanding down the inside of the car as well, trying to remove all the paint runs and splodge marks, trying to get a nice smooth surface before I start painting. This is what it looked like after a good hoover from all the dust.

Sandingseat_zpsb00c0e0e.jpg

Struttowersanding_zpsd49cefe1.jpg

Sparewheelwellsanding_zps83a5c6be.jpg

I just need to finish off the spare wheel well and do the drivers side rear :)

Also grabbed a couple of snaps of my STRI gauges which I got for a bargain a little while ago, paid £150 delivered for all of them :p

STRIgauges_zps91934149.jpg

STRIgauges2_zps89c2de12.jpg

Hoping to have the rear fully sanded and ready for paint towards the end of the week, then I'll begin on the front :)

Haven't done any work to the car this week due to shit weather :(

On the upside I got hold of a grille and a set of indicators from Browner, just waiting for them to be delivered. Also got hold of a set of the Mitsuba horns in white from Socks :thumbsup:

Also hoping to order my turbo tomorrow :yahoo:

Should be getting a tax rebate as well so expect to see a few goodies here soon :D

I recieved my quadlights and grille from Browner, also got a boot rubber from him as well as mine is leaking :thumbsup:

Recieved the Mitsuba horns from Socks as well.

2013-03-22112054_zps3e235664.jpg

2013-03-22112106_zps65c001c9.jpg

2013-03-28161441_zps39bbc3ba.jpg

2013-03-28161450_zps76b7961a.jpg

2013-03-28161455_zps12d18c29.jpg

In pretty good condition, but will prob get them painted anyway :)

Just waiting to hear back from my turbo guy then I'll be ordering that, I've just added something to my list so waiting back on a price confirmation :D