• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pm him mate. He can let u know directly.

Nice one I'll drop him a message

Nice updates ! Keep up the good work.

Cheers buddy, need to get off my ass and continue with sanding the rear down.

I just need a set of indicators now to finish off the front, what do people reckon, go for ambers or clear?

Very nice updates.... :)

How about the engine ? are you allready working on it ?

What i know about the valve clearance u'd say. I also run an TRD 0.6 Gasket and TRD 280 cam, valve lift 11

running 2E-E A-group engine. And i've got 1.5mm space between the valve and piston that's absoluut the minimum.

Going closer on this will result in burned up valve. Keep that in mind.

these amber ones are quads mate I never changed them over. now I have a clear set from a square light

Ah nice one mate, let me know when your getting rid mate I'll take em off your hands :thumbsup:

Very nice updates.... :)

How about the engine ? are you allready working on it ?

What i know about the valve clearance u'd say. I also run an TRD 0.6 Gasket and TRD 280 cam, valve lift 11

running 2E-E A-group engine. And i've got 1.5mm space between the valve and piston that's absoluut the minimum.

Going closer on this will result in burned up valve. Keep that in mind.

The bottom end I virtually have all the bits for, just need a gasket kit. It's just the cylinder head I need to work on now getting it ported and some cams.

Wow nice specs, is that 11mm valve lift? Thats huge, I won't be going for anything near that, something like 272 with 8.5mm-8.8mm valve lift. I will have to check my compression ratio when I get the head ported because I think its already going to be quite high with a 1.2mm headgasket on the 5E engine with its longer stroke.

My dad dropped me up an electric sander today, so hopefully I'll have the car sanded down in a jiffy now :p

Edited by AdamB

Well finally managed to get round to fitting the lights and the grille. There not held in properly at the moment as I'll be taking them back off and getting it all painted when I come to spray the engine bay back to white again.

Passsidelighton_zps00aae220.jpg

Driverslighton_zpsfd40e458.jpg

Bothlights_zps1e59cd47.jpg

Grilleon_zps085bb0a5.jpg

Grilleon2_zps89ac71ac.jpg

And then decided to fit the bumper as well as it saves me keep getting it in and out of the car when I'm working in it.

Bumperon_zpsa2455702.jpg

Bonnetshutwithlights_zpsb05045e2.jpg

Bonnetshutwithlights2_zps29c8cbb5.jpg

Just waiting for Lew to get rid of his indicators now, that will be the front complete until I decide to put a lip on it :)

Also near enough finished sanding down the rear now, just got to do behind the offside rear light section and the offside rear seat then she's done and I can tackle the front. I lifted up the carpet and thankfully from what I could seat no monkey has been let loose under the front, so will just clean it up and spray it.

Whilst I sort out painting the front I'm gonna take the dash in for flocking 8)

• 5 weeks later...

Not much of an update, but gave the car a good wash and its come out pretty well. Needs a lick of paint in a few places but not too worried about that at the moment.

Concentrating on getting past my exams in the next 2 weeks, so after that I'll be really cracking on with the car and my mates offered to seam weld it :)

On a good note my turbo is here :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It's not the turbo I wanted to run, but its still something a little bit special so I'll stick with it for now and see how it goes.

The turbo anoraks of you will know what this turbo is straight away :)

http://s164.photobucket.com/user/BoobZ18/media/Toyota%20Starlet%205E%20Build/20130503_193323_zps155e4328.jpg.html'>20130503_193323_zps155e4328.jpg

http://s164.photobucket.com/user/BoobZ18/media/Toyota%20Starlet%205E%20Build/20130503_193339_zps6e20591c.jpg.html'>20130503_193339_zps6e20591c.jpg

http://s164.photobucket.com/user/BoobZ18/media/Toyota%20Starlet%205E%20Build/20130503_193402_zps3dea40d2.jpg.html'>20130503_193402_zps3dea40d2.jpg

I'll be dropping it off to Owen Developments on Tuesday for them to give it a check over, can never be too sure when buying second hand, even though I was told it was brand new, and it is as there's nothing on it. The compressor housing needs a little work as its rough as shit on the intake port so will get that smoothed to aid air flow into the turbo.

Nah lads its a custom GT28 built by Forced performance with their HTA billet wheel :) Should spool as fast as a td04 and flow near enough as much as a gt30, 47lb/min. Should be good for about 420-440bhp. Got it at a bargain price its usually around £1600 a little more depending on what you have done. Sending it to Owens just to make sure its all ok as I got it so cheap I want it to be perfect lol. Gonna grab a tial v-band housing to suit my mani setup I already got and grab a wastegate whilst I'm there.