• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah its well big ha .. keep the heaters its be shit to jump into the car if you have no heat ha all the windows foggin up aswell pfff id be lost without

Hmm that's a good point man.

Chop it all out! Look at my thread in my sig for the amount i got out. must of been over half i reckon. nice stuff tho, will keep an eye on this.

I see your thread Rob, looks proper neat and nothing there! I think I've taken out just under a quarter of what was there. It's mainly the heater stuff that takes up most the wiring.

I cant wait for the snow to come so i can go for a ride haha

Get rid of the stock oem stuff. If you still want some thing, build a heater your self or http://www.t7design.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65&zenid=621f061916ab9b2217cbf40d659fd405

Haha you got that Honda working now?

How do those heaters work? Can they still be distributed to the vents or is the vents just on the unit itself?

yeah its well big ha .. keep the heaters its be shit to jump into the car if you have no heat ha all the windows foggin up aswell pfff id be lost without

You can get special sprays for windows that stop them steaming up, alot of racecars use it.

Yea i just saw you commented in that thread a while ago adam.. still abit more to come out aswell :)

Haha I'll grab a roof rack as well for my Skis. Did you have interior though? Thing is am gonna have no rear carpet or plastics so its going to get pretty nippy I imagine.

Haha i had nothing in the GT, no front carpet, no glovebox, no radio, no sound proof, no plastics etc. But then again i used it in the summer and wouldnt dare go out in rain so was all good. Doing similar with the 85 but i'll keep the carpet this time haha.

Anyway, keep at it man ;)

You can get special sprays for windows that stop them steaming up, alot of racecars use it.

Yea i just saw you commented in that thread a while ago adam.. still abit more to come out aswell :)

Ah really, didn't know that. Any idea of what its called?

If I could just get one of those small heaters with two output ports that would be enough for me.

Yeah I did mate, what else are you removing? Looks pretty bare as it is lol.

Haha i had nothing in the GT, no front carpet, no glovebox, no radio, no sound proof, no plastics etc. But then again i used it in the summer and wouldnt dare go out in rain so was all good. Doing similar with the 85 but i'll keep the carpet this time haha.

Anyway, keep at it man ;)

Man that's mental! This will be the same mainly just summer time, but will try get as much use out of it as possible.

Look's like I might have tomorrows job sorted with removing all the heater wiring! What the hell am I gonna do with all the buttons on the dash though? Gonna have to find something to fill the gap that works lol.

Man that's mental! This will be the same mainly just summer time, but will try get as much use out of it as possible.

Look's like I might have tomorrows job sorted with removing all the heater wiring! What the hell am I gonna do with all the buttons on the dash though? Gonna have to find something to fill the gap that works lol.

I know man haha ive been told that before. Look at all this weight you'll save though, but then you'll counter that by wearing two jackets, thermals, body warmer and a fleece.

20121021_143047.jpg

Ah really, didn't know that. Any idea of what its called?

If I could just get one of those small heaters with two output ports that would be enough for me.

Yeah I did mate, what else are you removing? Looks pretty bare as it is lol.

Cant remember what its called off the top of my head! ill have to try and find out.

Ive currently left the stuff in for the immobiliser otherwise it wouldn't run, when an fte goes in with an ecu that can all come out also :) Be interesting to see how much it weighs when its done...

Rally drivers use shampoo on the windsceen when they remove heater matrix.

Works a treat!! Herbal essences is what we use! :)

That was unexpected lol.

Removed the wiring for the heaters today, I assume I can leave out the connectors which clip onto the crash bar behind the dash on the passenger side? There's 3 of them one's the HVAC connector, dunno about the other two?

Also got a few plugs I'm not sure of what their for or if they can be removed.

Here's a plug on the passenger side which goes down to the door loom, colour of the two wires are pink and purple.

Plugpassside_zpsc479b42f.jpg

Here's one on the drivers side which was taped up against the plastic wire cover, again down by the door loom, wire colours are red & white and red & green

Plugdriversside_zpsdd563480.jpg

Last one is one under the fuse box which is on the same line as the ignition connectors, its a 2 pin with wire colours blue and black & white.

Plugunderfusebox_zps16945b74.jpg

Here's what I managed to remove for the heaters, bit blurry but quite a bit there.

Removedwiring_zps72e7366c.jpg

Lol i dont think i could tbh. I like toasty feet. Simple way to combat more weight for mod cons is simply more pooooowwwwwwaaaaaaa haha.

Put another pair of socks on lol, if you can dance on the pedals your feet shouldn't be getting cold anyway :p

ha so you done away with them in the end adam ha .. north face do nice warm jackets :thumbsup: haha

Hahaha cheeky git! I'll remember to have plenty of spare cans of de-icer as well ;)

Its abit to late now no doubt, but when i wasnt sure if i could remove stuff or not, i just unplugged it and saw if it still ran fine, if it did, chop it off. May be abit difficult if youve got the loom out the car already tho.

Edited by RobSR

Its abit to late now no doubt, but when i wasnt sure if i could remove stuff or not, i just unplugged it and saw if it still ran fine, if it did, chop it off. May be abit difficult if youve got the loom out the car already tho.

It's got no engine mate, so even harder still lol. Think I'll just leave it as it is for now, everything's been removed I can think of that won't stop the engine from firing. Just need to get it wrapped back up :)

Cheers Jake, its time consuming but well worth it, be suprised at what you can take out really.

I know mate us Southern boys are never finished lol.

Got a little update for this later :)

Well before I went to work earlier I did a little more work, finally finished off the wiring loom, just needs to be tidied up.

Also removed the heater motor and matrix unit from the car.

The motor unit was removed first

2013-10-02111310_zpsb19e2274.jpg

2013-10-02111315_zps630d714e.jpg

Then I removed the crash bar and dropped the steering column to make it easier to get the matrix out.

2013-10-02113008_zps87d7cc22.jpg

2013-10-02113015_zps287108bf.jpg

And finally with everything out

2013-10-02113735_zpsd975ac34.jpg

Next up is the pedals, that'll be staying out :p