MOT changes 20th march

It gets a bit more complicated with the cat as that's on the emissions side of thing. If your car passes the emissions without a cat whitch can be done. But they then can fail it for not having a cat fitted. Cars after 1992 need to have a cat. But then if you look at the bottom right paragraph. Could say your cars amature built modifyed and have a non cat test. They say there is no grey areas in the MOT. I say there is loads

59D8D187-A315-4EA1-BF46-2C017D4FFBB4-113

It simply means that testers can't say a car is a fail for it not having something it should as standard (seatbelts, seats, PAS etc etc). Which TBH any tester who did fail cars for that should get a boot in the cock. If its not present how can it fail ¬_¬

TBH MOT's don't bother me.

It gets a bit more complicated with the cat as that's on the emissions side of thing. If your car passes the emissions without a cat whitch can be done. But they then can fail it for not having a cat fitted. Cars after 1992 need to have a cat. But then if you look at the bottom right paragraph. Could say your cars amature built modifyed and have a non cat test. They say there is no grey areas in the MOT. I say there is loads

59D8D187-A315-4EA1-BF46-2C017D4FFBB4-113

Because my engine conversion was done by an amateur I don't need a cat then? Lol

when i first put my 5e engine in, the car had no mot so pretty much one of its first journeys was to the garage for its mot. he wasnt bothered about the emissions but when tested the cars emissions were as clean as cars that have a cat in.

• 2 weeks later...