Owner Location Map...

So, when I browse through piston heads for example, I like to select the map option and see how many starlets there are for sale in my local area (North West). This idea really came from Grand Theft Auto lol.. Where you could have members, traders, show locations. All shown on a map.

Could something similar be done here? Where it shows the map and then a little pin or something that shows the location of other owners? Of course it would not be mandatory for everyone to use this feature however I feel that most would.

I understand and can physically see how much effort is going into improvements all the time and this is just another suggestion to the list. I just feel it would be a big upgrade!

Having owners location visible on a map, I would have thought would also aid in policing the site. Stop people scamming etc.

There would have to be limitations of course. I would say only club members and members with say 200 posts can use the feature.

Just had the idea and though I would put it forward.

Matt.

Edited by Matt1878

Thieves would love this lol

I get what you mean dude. If there was a post restriction and club members only?

That would surely stop that? If it was such a big deal then surely piston heads wouldn't use it? There are some seriously expensive cars on there.

If it was managed properly I can only see this being a success

surely the town you live in on location under the avvy does that already morgey

criminals have legs and cars, they can walk from street to street

and after having attempts on 2 of my cars i think its a bad idea

Couldnt you just start a thread asking if you were that intrested?

Already done mate..

Would be an easier way of seeing who was on route to big shows for convoys too. Also an easy way of locating places that do maps? Dynos etc..

The only downside with this idea is the people that would use it for the wrong reasons. However like I said earlier.

A post restriction would massively reduce if no stop that.

It seems the idea isn't going to happen. Just thought it would be good as other sites use it so it must work to some extent

Very silly idea man no harm, am sure there is people that use these sites to pick out cars the want to rob, ( say nothing 2 no1) my little saying that i stand by.

Edited by triple j