Funniest thing was i wasnt even booting it! I was doing about 20 round a bit of a tight bend in pretty slippy conditions and the back end kicked out like a yoyo. Front end went into the barrier then did a 180 and the back end got some as well

I think the back quarter is alright, need to have a proper look tomorrow in the light. The damage i could see was, front bumper and grill are totally fucked, passenger side indicator smashed, headlight clips and mounts are fucked, fog lights looked ok, bit scrached, passenger wing has a dent, bonnet has a small dent at the front, window washer bottle is gone, back bumper has a crack, driver side tail light is all broken. Engine looks completely fine, exhaust looks fine as well

Could be worse. Plan is to reshell anyway so its just a pain i'll be without wheels for a while

Yeah it could be much worse.

Its the second time its spun out like that in the wet. Happened when i first got it going round a roundabout at a normal speed in the wet. Was lucky i didnt hit anything that time as i did a full 360. Anyone else experience this or is it just my starlet?

i once spun my old SR on a roundabout down ma way, ad had a dooby n was in auto pilot and itd had rained for the 1st time in a week so road was greasy, in 3rd gear goin on2 a roundabout with a slight camber on the road i lifted off in 3rd gear without thinkin and woooooft round i went!

tried to catch it rapid but no chance with such a short wheel base, rear left wheel bearings made a cunt of a noise for a week before sortin themselves back out lol

anyway, gimme your bootlid without spoiler lol

i once spun my old SR on a roundabout down ma way, ad had a dooby n was in auto pilot and itd had rained for the 1st time in a week so road was greasy, in 3rd gear goin on2 a roundabout with a slight camber on the road i lifted off in 3rd gear without thinkin and woooooft round i went!

tried to catch it rapid but no chance with such a short wheel base, rear left wheel bearings made a cunt of a noise for a week before sortin themselves back out lol

anyway, gimme your bootlid without spoiler lol

Yeah i was in 2nd and must have lifted off the power too much. Fuckin scary shit in the wet tho!

Haha we'll see about that dude, i'll let u know

What tyres r u using?

The back ones are what came with the car i'll be honest. Nankang ditch finders i believe.

Toyo proxies up front. Was saving for a new set of wheels and tyres so never bothered upgrading them because in the dry they were fine and had loads of tread on them.

Ouch. As said though mate, mostly cosmetic damage. Coulda been a lot worse.

A did that as well before on a roonaboot. Was raining mental heavy was in 3rd just goin bout 20,

Arse kicked out an a did a 360. Luckily there was nowt on behind or beside me.

Mine was higher at the back then, an a had no braces or owt. Scary stuff tho, when it happens.

Where in Glesga you fae?

Aw the best mate.

Al.
:)

Ouch. As said though mate, mostly cosmetic damage. Coulda been a lot worse.

A did that as well before on a roonaboot. Was raining mental heavy was in 3rd just goin bout 20,

Arse kicked out an a did a 360. Luckily there was nowt on behind or beside me.

Mine was higher at the back then, an a had no braces or owt. Scary stuff tho, when it happens.

Where in Glesga you fae?

Aw the best mate.

Al.

:)

Yeah it isnt half! my mate almost pissed his pants ha

Im from around paisley, just outside glasgow

i spun mine out last week on a wet roundabout, too much lift off oversteer and it spun 180degrees and just stopped before hitting a sign but the funny thing is mine never used to kick the back end out atall even on wet roundabouts its just since its been off the road for winter the back end seems really twitchy now

Yeah it could be much worse.

Its the second time its spun out like that in the wet. Happened when i first got it going round a roundabout at a normal speed in the wet. Was lucky i didnt hit anything that time as i did a full 360. Anyone else experience this or is it just my starlet?

The back end on mine came out in icy conditions in the winter when also doing about 15 mph round a tight roundabout. I think the front with more weight gripped and the back just went. I put a post up on TGTT about it and was told to check tyre pressures, and that the coilovers weren't set too firm.

Hope you get it sorted soon

Edited by Arnold

Bad news man, however it all only looks cosmetic! Don't give up though.

On another note, literally fuck knows how people have had the back end out of these cars, mine is FULLY stripped (and I mean fully stripped lol), and i'm not shy round a corner believe me haha. But I guess my r888's are just the daddy's :).

Al bet he did Ha. :rofl:

A know Paisley well, stayed there for a while a few years back.

You'll know barrhead then lol thats more accurate.

The back end on mine came out in icy conditions in the winter when also doing about 15 mph round a tight roundabout. I think the front with more weight gripped and the back just went. I put a post up on TGTT about it and was told to check tyre pressures, and that the coilovers weren't set too firm.

Hope you get it sorted soon

You know in a way im glad im not the only one its happened to. The looks i've been getting off people when i say how it happened lol

I'll take that advice on board, see how it goes. Thinking of getting some meisters r's actually, hopefully they will work out a bit better.

Bad news man, however it all only looks cosmetic! Don't give up though.

On another note, literally fuck knows how people have had the back end out of these cars, mine is FULLY stripped (and I mean fully stripped lol), and i'm not shy round a corner believe me haha. But I guess my r888's are just the daddy's :).

I was looking at integras, scoobys and evos today i'll be honest but i've got a td04 to fit there and i've sunk too much cash into the starlet to break it.