Often overlooked when building a trick starlet... The lighter the wheels the less rotational mass...

Check out this brief list of the most popular wheels used on starlets to see how yours wheels may fair!

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/wheels-tyres/wheel-weight-list-r44

If you have any other wheels that aren't on the list please get them weighed and post them up!

be interesting to see what u come up with buddy, i'd imagine the fronts are going to be lighter than the rears. mine have tires on them so no use right now for weighing.

Phil.

I've read that they're supposed to be the same weight, but rather it's the 5 spoke you're meant to run for your drive wheels due to the extra rigidity provided by the extra spoke *shrug*. Would look odd I must admit, but I like the idea behind it.

not what Rick told me.

He told me the idea behind them is that it's 4 spokes at the front to reduce weight on the drive train, and 5 spokes at the rear to improve stability.

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

where are Volks when ya need a quick word with them lol!

Phil.