EP82 GT Turbo in NYC

Welcome! How hard was it to get it legal in the US? They're quite tough on imports aren't they? Or does it vary state by state?

GT looks mega clean, enjoy her! It'd be interesting to see how well it's received by the 'import/JDM' community over there.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and many compliments!

cool location! get some pics of your starlet in interesting locations around NYC! :)

Please

I'll get the Starlet out and about & snap a few cool ones soon! Any requests?

Welcome nice GT have you tried http://speedvisioncps.com/ for parts, I think their more in your area

TY! Had not come across this seller - how is his reputation here on the forum?

most cars over there probs drive over it lol

Funny you should say that, my Lincoln Navigator weighs three times that of the Starlet -

mcw5l1.jpg

Welcome! How hard was it to get it legal in the US? They're quite tough on imports aren't they? Or does it vary state by state?

GT looks mega clean, enjoy her! It'd be interesting to see how well it's received by the 'import/JDM' community over there.

The car is registered and insured in NY state. If you don't mind I'd rather not get into the details online, but it is not an easy process. Since very few JDM RHD cars make it stateside, people aren't really familiar with the Starlet. Skylines, 240sx`s and various Hondas prove more popular. The EP82 was never sold here so people don't know what the car is, which IMO makes the car all the more enjoyable.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words!

Dave

The car is registered and insured in NY state. If you don't mind I'd rather not get into the details online, but it is not an easy process. Since very few JDM RHD cars make it stateside, people aren't really familiar with the Starlet. Skylines, 240sx`s and various Hondas prove more popular. The EP82 was never sold here so people don't know what the car is, which IMO makes the car all the more enjoyable.

I could very well imagine the amount of red-tape you would have to fight your way through, I've read some absolute horror stories on the internet with regards to the US and trying to register imports legitimately.

Would be cool to see pics of the Starlet at local meets and such!

Would be cool to see pics of the Starlet at local meets and such!

A few from my Mazda MX5 crew - mine is down at the moment so I brought the Starlet:

5eg6xt.jpg

near some popular landmarks.. any that would be known internationally.. Its a big request tho :)

In the background - Men in Black!!!

2lneqa8.jpg

Dave

• 3 years later...

Looking good. What would be the most affordable way to import light weight starlet items (map sensors, headlamps) from UK to say America?

There's no cheap way lol. You'll get raped just like we do when it comes to ordering parts lol. FEDEX, UPS, DHL all to reasonable shipping. The main issue is the customs declaration.

There's no cheap way lol. You'll get raped just like we do when it comes to ordering parts lol. FEDEX, UPS, DHL all to reasonable shipping. The main issue is the customs declaration.

I figured as much. Any rough idea of how much it would cost to import some bugeye headlights, grill and winkers to florida?