been looking at wheels, obviously my eye's been caught by some of the rota replicas but Ive heard about some of the things that happen, most of them are on ebay like Drag, JBW, japan racing, etc, anyone have any experience with the rep wheels over the real thing? worth shelling out more money in the long run?

i have nothing against Rotas, if i needed a set I'd run them, but if you're not in a massive hurry, it's worth just bidding a little time and seeing what bargains pop up. I picked my Rays up for £170, and an identical set went on ebay recently for ~ £50. there are often bargains to be had, so it can pay off to snoop around a bit.

Phil.

I've got two sets if rotas, don't mind them at all, they look good and they at least don't fake the name like the inovit "ravs" wheels

To me if they look good then what's the issue if it's not a track car desperate for the lightest wheels

Those you linked above are probably made to the same standard as rotas at a guess, as people have mentioned rotas designs are copies of other jdm wheels

yeah thats all i was wondering cause ive seen some of the cracks and blow outs from some of the counterfeits, i do love cornering though which might be an issue lol imagine my front wheel just imploding on itself xO

The tyre takes most of the impact and shock loading during cornering, so if you corner hard you may want to try a tyre with a harder sidewall. Unless your a penis that aims for pot holes then any wheel does the job and most just go by how the wheel looks. Check out the wiki section Socks made a thing in there to do with alloys and how light they are.

Just think about how many wheels these companies sell in a year and how many wheels you have seen to broke by yourself? Yes, not many and usually broken wheel has got some serious abuse before it broke. As long as you don't hit hard holes/bumps/etc. they should last :-)

They aren't that bad, just smug fuckers who can afford expensive wheels have to try make their purchase worth while by letting everyone know about the 'value for money' they are getting because they paid triple the money they should have for a name to throw about in conversations like this.

Big penis or big wallet, we were all born with 1 or the other never both