• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NASTY ARCH, big priority ?

I think those discs are so big and good working you'll need to spend some time adjusting the bias to gain good control

They will lock instantly! :) Wicked vented discs :yahoo:

When i look at your work, i think damn i need to upgrade mine too.

Have to find a good reason first lol

NASTY ARCH, big priority ? I think those discs are so big and good working you'll need to spend some time adjusting the bias to gain good controlThey will lock instantly! :) Wicked vented discs :yahoo: When i look at your work, i think damn i need to upgrade mine too. Have to find a good reason first lol

Arch will be getting a blast back treated and painted soon. The chassis has never been welded so I want to keep it that way. Had it nearly a year so I should start touching up the body work.

The discs I'm going to use are 256x22mm so they are chunchier than stock turbo front discs lol but only 16mm larger that the stock 240mm turbo discs. The caliper pistons are 38mm compared to the 30.9 stock turbo rear caliper. Should have it all bolted on and running for next week :)

Went to shorty last night and grabbed some bits out of his aristo :)

FB2938A9-4B2B-4FF4-B2DB-9C6309743D4A_zps

Should look ok once painted in white lol I'm sure they were black in the advert pictures lol

I also grabbed a matching rear quarter plastic for the inside. So I now have a pretty much full interior

Wicked discs mate. Outstanding your rear brake setup will mayby work bette than the front haha

They probably will work better than stock front brakes lol but the 4pots on there now are savage! can't wait to get rid of the oem rear discs and callipers! I won't have to worry about the callipers binding (as much) but with the new callipers it's only like £120 for a reconditioned pair. And I will have a lot better rear pad selection WIN! WIN! WIN!

I was going to use the wilwood rear callipers with mechanical hand brake. But this is supposed to be the budget daily lol

Nice 1..

Is there an oem brake upgrade for the rear actually? toyota stock ones off an other model by example ??

The setup i use in the front is oem toyota with a very big 60mm piston caliper. Would be funny if i can use the front calipers for the rear.

Have you also changed the brakemaster cylinder ? and brake lines ?

I've head of someone using a corolla rear brake upgrade but not seen evidence my self. I was going to use oem turbo front discs on the rear. But decide against it because the off set is more on the disc and the discs I'm using are a hell of a lot cheaper as well! I'm on oem hard lines to braided flexi's and I'm using GT turbo master and servo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So after many miles of abuse I killed the car bank holiday Sunday. Got the car recover to my workshop on Monday morning. I started to strip the head of as the car was still running but had an awful misfire. I was fully expecting to see a melted / cracked piston. But none of that. I had burnt a valve out. I was thinking result at this time. What a nice quick fix I had to do.

Burnt out valve

A032DBCF-C142-4C65-890C-B86C9A836559_zps

So instead of just changing the one valve I opted for a rebuilt head as the old head was warn out and need the valve guides changing as well. So I stuck a spare head on with cruise cams and solid buckets with top hat shims.

Was also told my engine was built by HRF in Japan. The guy said he had the sump off and it looked stock. But when I took the head off I found this?

061292D7-1E85-4DE8-93AA-D618F2667ED6_zps

Far from stock I'd say lol no wonder it's got low comp. had the car back up and running Monday night. Then I broke it again and took head back off. Dropped a valve. Had it back up and running Tuesday again. Now pulling like a train again. Bit more tweaking of the afr and ignition table and will be spot on again.

Edited by turbo Grant