• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ohh my god!! what did you do!!!! No hole in the piston but hole in the valve :p

abuse ? NOT GOOD!

But anyway how does the piston rings looks like....

When i had retarted ignition ( premature ) not only the valve;s were bend but 2 piston rings cracked and 2 piston rings turned out blue duo to the heat + pistons ring land was busted. But they came out 0 zero pressure during compression test... on cil 1 and 2.

Mayby check them if your unsure.

just changed the head and got it back together again a day or so later. Reused the mls head gasket with wellseal. The valve might have just gone because of a carbon hot spot. The Pistons look pretty good still. Will re-ring soon as the bored look a bit glazed and it uses a bit of oil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you live in Andover mate? Must be you as there aren't many of these kicking around. I've just moved down here and was driving around today when I drove past it :) looks awesome mate

• 1 month later...

Got a nice list of bits to do on this before fest2

Needs to play with arches, play with some camber on the back, sling one of my forged 5e's in, swap over my spare ep82 box with cusco diff, weld an extension in on my down pipe, fit 550cc injectors, finish plumbing in my oil cooler. Get a new wideband sensor and then road map it. Will be fun as I'll still using it as my daily lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finaly got round to sorting out the eml on this. Was coming on because of the ep82 wasn't getting a vss. The ep71 si clocks I fitted didn't have a vss. So I stipped old ep82 and my clock down to see what I could do. I'm happy to say the the ep82 vss fits In my clocks with only drilling 1 hole and wiring.

79ECE01D-7D93-4D7B-ADD0-2968AA43378B_zps

BC730D36-E946-4D72-810C-A945913477FE_zps

8DA38F5B-0CF2-4F95-89A6-CB1B99ABF3C1_zps

62BB36AB-4029-43B4-A5F9-63B79711CC3D_zps

2151E163-DE1E-4B14-B8C8-96C7695F397B_zps

4FD3333F-B6C1-4C8C-964D-417A597F9323_zps