• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice 1 for the intercooler mounting and radiator :) Looks very clean and proffesional!

I think you'll need to change the hydraulic oil. As there is moisture into the dot4. En the radiator heat will cook the water in the hydraulics that's why it fails... boiling water produce air. Air can be pressed, oil not.

The hydraulic pusher/lever on the gearbox are very weak..

Were's did you left the rubber for the vork on the gearbox ?

• 2 weeks later...

Its got 4pot wilwoods upfront, 280mm midilight caliper style kit iirc. the breaks where epic on track tbh! But with some bias and bigger rears it will be better as the rear was a little twichey under very heavy breaking.

I'm going to test the brake weight on the rollers before and after the rear brake upgrade. Callipers turned up today....

Hey grant, What kind of brake's do you use at the front of the car. Im also looking for an upgrade. But discs on the rear doesnt do alot i think. 20% 30% ?? You want them to achive 40% 50 % ?

I had GT brakes on the front. But they didn't cut it for me. So stuck the wilwoods on. Now when you brake hard the back doesn't do a lot. Much better when you pull the hand brake on whilst braking. So going to fit larger discs to increase the effort. Then fit a bias adjuster if I need to dial it in better

Cool

Show me what u got...

Also Is your oem bias/splitter on the firewall in proper condition ? It's a common problemen that they get stuck sludge up.

Did you test the brakes at the MOT ?

The oem valves working. I've had them come in at work with the bias valve blocked up. Makes the car pull well bad lol

We the other week my fan melted. So I fitted some new one.

B66A2494-9A0A-4E24-BF6D-FDC01BBA7079_zps

78F4E674-1D3B-4266-A82B-B373CE8F0ED9_zps

I will reveal all when I've got it all fitted and tested. I'm going to use vented discs tho lol

that would be great man i have been doing research on bigger calipers with disks for the rears but got stuck on the al in 1 disk/hub combo ( starlet ) so i gave up on that 1

I'm just going to cut the disc off and true it back up in the lathe. Then you will be left with a nice hub to mount a disc on. I started cutting the disc off but had no oxygen pressure. Will finish it later now I've got some more gas

C85B4672-A48A-41FC-BC71-0A228E17E334_zps

that would be great man i have been doing research on bigger calipers with disks for the rears but got stuck on the al in 1 disk/hub combo ( starlet ) so i gave up on that 1