• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see why you need an oil cooler on a road car, especially in UK.

We don't really need them, even with hot summer here in Greece. Difficult to reach high enough temp to justify the oil cooler.

I can't imagine you drive everywhere flat-out...

Greddy oil cooler has thermostat built in so you can use is on the road no problem.

Even with thermostat, in Greece we usually have to cover most of the core surface during normal driving.

@Grant: What you did?

Doesnt make sense? why would you have to cover the oil cooler if you have a working oil thermostat that wont allow the oil to be cooled unless its at the set temperature

Even with thermostat, in Greece we usually have to cover most of the core surface during normal driving. @Grant: What you did?

You still get a small flow of oil through the cooler so you don't get a sudden rush of cold oil when the stat opens

So I got some rear discs fitted now

8A53951F-F53A-4FD0-BE69-D498FB0E0E67_zps

It using GT wheel bearing and GT stub axles

Cut the old stub axles off flush

08808A16-3156-4783-B9CF-EFB433389310_zps

And then bolted on the stub axles cut off a GT axle

4A57B1CB-D871-42D6-87E4-18D9A34E7B40_zps

And it's done

64E0147A-D16F-445A-8F6B-59C5DB1798D8_zps

Edited by turbo Grant
  • 3 weeks later...

While at grants tonight, we have added the best mod on the 70 ever!! Grant loves it, you should of seen how happy he was with it. Its added easily 7000000hp

20140404_222300_zpspmrtum40.jpg

our mate ollie posing for a pic on the car after a night time swim in the lake.

Gt has been tucked up in the nasty weather. Not really the time for working on a monster with the nasty cold. The 70 aint shy though lol is a monster in its own right tbf. Cant wait for fest haha

Everybody that adds rear disc calipers on a ep7 body choose always the hard way..

Bit scared to see some one grinding the axle and or mounting positions..

Solution is far more easier. Just a little ring needs to be added. Easy as 123.

Love the oil cooler dude. Do you run high temperature ?

Sexy pic hahaha. jikkes!

Everybody that adds rear disc calipers on a ep7 body choose always the hard way..Bit scared to see some one grinding the axle and or mounting positions.. Solution is far more easier. Just a little ring needs to be added. Easy as 123. Love the oil cooler dude. Do you run high temperature ?Sexy pic hahaha. jikkes!

I was just going to pack the rearing out with a ring. But decided to do it this way. It has only pluss sides that I can see. I've now spaced the back wheels out. I can adjust rear camber and toe now with shims. Vw, renaults, vauxhal, fords all have bolt on stub axles. I have total fath in 4x m10 bolts