Alice and Dave from Somerset :)

Hey guys,

My name is Alice and I've just bought this EP91 Glanza. I still have my old EJ9 Civic which we're going to fix up and sell, but I have absolutely fallen in love with my Starlet!

I know it's not perfect and needs some TLC and money to be spent on it but what do you think? We are a little puzzled over the front bumper - anyone got any ideas as to what it's from? It isn't like anything we've found so far!

1069925_10151712768953758_2117770595_n_z

1002142_10151712768808758_2006573664_n_z

1012713_10153019632750268_1728981812_n.j

I'm not overly keen on this bumper so is there anyone breaking a Glanza? I was wondering what kind of options I have for a replacement as I'd like to do something a bit different. So far, I kinda fancy the standard bumper with the optional lip.

Hope you like my car and sorry if I'm not very good at this forum thing - I'm a newbie to both the Glanza and forums so bear with me!

Thanks guys :)

Welcome to UKSO..

To be honest... It looks mint from the snaps!

As regarding the front bumper... Its a Pre-Facelift Bumper, but someone in the past has modified where the badge goes...

There is a big index of all the bodywork, factory and aftermarket in the wiki that may help you pick where you want to go!

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/exterior/bodywork-guide-r15

You will have to come to one of our local meets, looks like a really tidy glanza (better than mine XD) apoart from that little bit on the front bumper. Strange that it had a toyota badge on it? not the first ive been though :)

Welcome!!

Wow, thanks guys! Really nice welcome :)

It's wierd because I thought it looks more like it'd fit a Ford badge than a Toyota - we've even measured up a Toyota badge and it doesn't seem to be quite the right fit! Very odd!! We bought the car from South Molton, Devon and we noticed after we put a deposit down that in the photos of it in the advert it had two different bumpers! One was this one and one looked more like the standard. Strange!!

Thanks for the pictures Kyle, you're being a great help!

One more question, and this is going to sound really stupid, but does anyone have any past experience with D1 Spec wheel nuts? I've looked at the Tegiwa ones for the Starlet but that's alot of money for some nuts - around £60! But D1 look just as nice and are between £30 and £40. Any ideas? Also, another stupid question, is the generic Toyota size going to fit?

Thanks ever so much guys, I really appreciate the welcome and the help! I want to make this car awesome and I can't do it without you experts! :)

I know this car some girl had it local and she sold it for a ep3, it has boost controller and other bits with it unfitted and was for sale for about 6 months local for over 3k also d1 spec nuts are awfull and can rip off be alloy

Yeh that's the one! They had a lot of time wasters, couldn't understand why though because it's an incredible little car!

We got it for a good price though! We're trying to figure out how to reconnect the turbo timer, as well as figure out why it has an electric and a manual boost controller! It's had a lot of bits disconnected because the previous owner wasn't sure how they worked - but it's gonna save us money as it's good stuff like Greddy.

Thanks for the advice on the nuts, had previous trouble when I bought a car with cheap ones. Gonna get something decent for my Glanza. Any reviews of Tegiwa ones? Or any other brands?

Cheers guys! :)

It had the boost wound right up that's why it was all disconnected they left it in halfords car park about 2 months ago for 2800 Aswell, and any alloy wheel bolt will be crap I got some anodised steel ones on mine I got from a local company

It had the boost wound right up that's why it was all disconnected they left it in halfords car park about 2 months ago for 2800 Aswell, and any alloy wheel bolt will be crap I got some anodised steel ones on mine I got from a local company

It's only boosted 0.6 of a bar now on the manual boost controller, but I didn't realise that so thank you for letting me know! Is there anything else you noticed?

There's some weird parts on this car - not sure what's been done to it! We discover new strange bits on it every time we work on it! Nothing major though, just odd bits of interior and body work. Strange!!