Skimmys 285bhp Forged TD04 glanza !!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted bud!, Get in rebuilt up!, aint alot of red glanza's, specially not as unique as yours!

Feel for you man! < Get it Done!! :)

Thanks man !

And Chris I know your trying to help but I don't plan on staying ct9 hybrid if I'm spending that money on forging if I forge it I will be getting a gt28 or td04 hybrid or such like

Gt28 is massivly different from a tdo4 bear in mind the price of that kit also around 2k depending on the spec of it

Just forewarning you incase you dont realise the costs envolved buy a forged engine and decide ill just leave it actually, saves you buying one for no reason not to mention your supporting mods even for a td04 ecu, injectors, brakes, maps guages etc just get a shopping list together and see if you wanna do it thats how i done it

Gt28 is massivly different from a tdo4 bear in mind the price of that kit also around 2k depending on the spec of it

Just forewarning you incase you dont realise the costs envolved buy a forged engine and decide ill just leave it actually, saves you buying one for no reason not to mention your supporting mods even for a td04 ecu, injectors, brakes, maps guages etc just get a shopping list together and see if you wanna do it thats how i done it

Yea man that's what in gonna do. Trying to gather as much advice and people's opinion first then get a shopping list. Firstly I need my c2 back on the road and that means I don't need to rush this and I van think it's out etc and make sure in doing the right thing you know ?

So thanks very much for trying to help me, I know wee hadn't quite seen eye to eye lately but I appreciate your help dude

Thats alright dont worry about it but funny you hould say that and im not trying to be a knob but you say you were thinking about forgeing and tdo4 or gt28 a gt28 would be ridiculous for a car you dont need to modify because of your rally cars

Even 280hp on tdo4 is very fast for a car you didnt need to modify another reason going forged wouldnt be your best option if younwernt chasing big power

Edited by Chris_GlanzaV98

Forged is not always the way, fine if you have a daily driver, you need to factor in other costs.

Turbo Kit

Clutch

LSD

Injectors

Mapping

Brakes!!

Quality Fully Synth Oil for every change

As already stated allowing it to warm up and cool down, i tend to run mine on 1bar or 1.2 on the road, the 1.4 can be a hand full on b roads and that is with an LSD

In all Honesty you dont need much more than what Adam has already stated a standard engine set up well i would also give Will at RDT a shout for mapping, that is were mine is going come spring as i am not comfortable with the current map.

I have had issues along with others with work done @ TD so be careful, is there anyone local to you that could build the motor??

It wasn't that long ago you were on about selling so don't get carried away, i only went forged as i have had the car 4 year now and intend for it to be here long term as i know the only way i could recoup my investment is to break the car, if anything it will go to my lad when i have had enough

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

John that is probably the last comment really needed perfectly put, ross no point going half forged as i call it if you just drop the lump in and change nothing else apart from power upgrades as john mentioned you WILL need brake upgrades, suspension lsd injectors boost controllers ecu's harnasess map sensor, clutch etc

Gt28 turbo kit 2000

Ksports (example) 1065 iirc

Clutch and flywheel 500

Emu and if your lucky all sensors/harnasess 450

Injectors to run gt28 at around 1.6bar 4/600?

Suspension/coilovers 550/600

Labour ?

Map 300

Engine 2300

Run in 500

Fpr ?

Front mount 300

Roughly thats around 8 grand on parts alone at the cheaper end, not to mention i have no ideas on labour costs to fit and set up

I already have a cusco LSD

New excedy paddle clutch

Geting an ecu (I have jam justnow)

Have suspension upgrades

And a front mount sat there for it

And I also have big breaks aswell, so all the basics of a good car is there I just need

Injectors

Boost controller

Etc

So I may aswell just fucking go for it

Go big or go home eh lads !

If it gets the forge build then I will keep it and keep my c2 as a daily aswell and just have the starlet for abit of fun

I don't need a bigger turbo a forged engine can be ran on my hybrid for the time being untill I decide what turbo to get then I will get a bigger one

Have you been in a starlet running around 250? Because that's enough for most roads lol. You're not going to feel much difference between 250bhp and 400bhp until after about 80mph because of grip unless you're running slicks and after 80mph how far are you actually going to push it before you decide it's dangerous lol... Forged engine and massive power isn't always the answer.

I personally think a prime example of it being too much, naming no names, Socks ;), kind of ruins it in my opinion. He's spent a lot of money on a fucking narley 400bhp weapon with all supporting mods that make it a machine and a half, don't get me wrong it's amazing. But it's a weekend toy that comes out maybe 20/30 times a year? And the rest of the time it's either in garage or its having more work done. He went through a stage of blowing up gearboxes, he's not taken it on track yet just incase he has an accident... It's more of a trophy car and piece of art (no offence mate lol). And that's all fine. But what I'm saying is once you start to spend big money it becomes too valuable to risk booting it, you'll spend more time cleaning the engine bay with a tooth brush than actually driving it, you'll be servicing it when you could be on some B roads leaving all your mates behind.

All my advice and personal opinion again, but keep it cheap(ish) and keep it fun. I'm not scared to drive my gt any day of the year and its not scruffy or anything, I do look after it, but if I'd forged it for 2k and then spent another 2k on a decent turbo kit and then spent another £700 on big brakes and then numerous hours mapping it and all gauges to monitor everything etc etc etc... I'd have spent over 10k and I'd drive it like a little girl.

It all depends what you want. I wanted forged but ended up not because of what I've just said and I bet a few people that went forged will say they probably wish they'd never bothered.

All just my opinion. No offence meant to anyone.

Adam is right and dont say youll never sell it you nearly threw the towel in a while back, financial situations can arrise and often do forceing the sale of many peoples pride and joy

I would take the advice of the lads adam has it to a T

And even mine im still a good bit from sock's power but i spend more time coeaning it and buying bits for it than actually driving it spins to 80 and then pulls and by which time you have cracked 120 in seconds, you said your not tracking it so really no point in going for that but if your gonna forge it just do it you know yourself weather you are going to or just want to, what if you forge it and it pops, what then forged engines are stronger not unbreakable

Yea there stronger dude for sure so that's what I plan, people run standard engines for years, I get that but forged is stronger and I want to get tuning developments to do the engine for me. Therefore being no point in putting standard internals back in it! Just gonna bite the bullet and go stage 2 forged build from tuning developments I think

What actually happened to your engine skimmy? If it was recently rebuilt then most of the seals will be fine, u will get away with partial rebuild if its not too bad. No need to go forged imo.

Mines isnt forged an ittl have plenty of useable power and if it does pop ill rebuild one of my other spare ones and use that!

Ill still be flying past some of you forged boys (specially you chris haha!) at knockhill:D

What actually happened to your engine skimmy? If it was recently rebuilt then most of the seals will be fine, u will get away with partial rebuild if its not too bad. No need to go forged imo.

Mines isnt forged an ittl have plenty of useable power and if it does pop ill rebuild one of my other spare ones and use that!

Ill still be flying past some of you forged boys (specially you chris haha!) at knockhill:D

Haha bottom end dude, something went wrong down there ! Tbh IF it was rebuilt then it clearly wasn't done right lol!

Gonna just send it to tuning developments get them to strip it and see where to go from there

Definitely all for going forged but touching on what Chris has said about costs of it (although you said you already have a fair bit already). Just remember, just cause you're forged doesn't mean it's bullet proof too! Things can still go wrong dude.

But hey, your money, your car, your choice. I'm a strong believer of saying fuck what other people think so do what you want hah. As long as you're happy man! :).