hi peeps, I can't make my mind up to on ct12 or td04 I used to have hybrid ct12 on my old gt with external wastegate etc and loved it, but at same time everyone td04 sounds good advice and opinions welcomed thanks. Dan

Id say only worth going td04 if you aren't forged...

May as well go bigger when forged...

Depends if you like you boost coming in at 4k or above!!

My preference is i like smaller turbos and quick spool times and i think the TD04 is a good compromise on spool time for power- Not taking anything away from the big power boys just i dont think id be happy with my car setup that way.

Like said above best way is to get some seat time with different setups

with ct12 hybrids the problem is you experience a bit more lag over a ct9 but not much more power, and you still need to run over 1 bar to see worth while power, plus from a rebuild respective they are more difficult to obtain parts.

would go td04

with ct12 hybrids the problem is you experience a bit more lag over a ct9 but not much more power, and you still need to run over 1 bar to see worth while power, plus from a rebuild respective they are more difficult to obtain parts.

would go td04

This is the truth right here.

Phil

Yeah Toby, i like my turbos laggy, went and set my GT up on TD04 to spool fast (1 bar at 3.4k) and wished it was more laggy lol.

Dat wait! It's soo worth it when your passenger cries as it boosts (true story not even joking)

I'm in the same situation I know around March next year I'm going for the turbo upgrade but I don't know which anyone used one of these ebay jobs?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-EP82-EP91-CT9-UPGRADE-TURBOCHARGER-TURBO-/400252970814?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d30efa73e

I would like to go TD04 with external wastegate as all I've read on here is they should have come like that factory but from a cost point of view which is more forgiving on the old budget?

I'm in the same situation I know around March next year I'm going for the turbo upgrade but I don't know which anyone used one of these ebay jobs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-EP82-EP91-CT9-UPGRADE-TURBOCHARGER-TURBO-/400252970814?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d30efa73e

I would like to go TD04 with external wastegate as all I've read on here is they should have come like that factory but from a cost point of view which is more forgiving on the old budget?

TD04 kit will be cheaper then that turbo in the long run as that turbo will probs explode after a hour being a eBay special

Dat wait! It's soo worth it when your passenger cries as it boosts (true story not even joking)

Quick spooling turbos just feel like a fast N/a car to me, i had a TD05 18g in my old WRX and when that kicked in ohh ya fucker it really kicked it. Who did you make cry haha ?

My mrs the firs time I boosted up with her un it after converting it. It ruined it for her really she use to egg me on to terrorise the macdonalds boys and get them to race she loved the ct9 lol but to me all it really done was make noises! I like to feel n/a for a few k revs then big booooost all of a sudden!!!

Lags only as bad as you make it anyways (unless your way oversize for engine capacity), you adapt your driving around it and it can be un-noticeable.

I recon you shud go for a vf23. And its only slightly bigger then a td04 so spool time shudnt be very different. But good thing is that its a ball bearing turbo. So shud be responsive compared to the td04. Also its a direct swap from a td04 as it has the same flanges. But td04 is brutal compared to a hybrid ct9.