Best OEM Brakes Overall

So my glanza needs new brakes all round, well just really trying to keep things fresh. So what am I best to go for?

I have heard that OEM pads and discs on the rear are the best, 20 of a difference in ABS and non ABS. Would I be better going for the non ABS and just put the 20 towards a removal kit?

Fronts im not overly sure what to go for? It wont be used on a track, but does get some sprinted runs around back roads so need something sharp.

Whats my options on the front? Thanks

I dont really have the option of levin brakes as they never really come up for sale here.

My personal opinion is to go for a good brake set up, up front something along the lines of WMS, wilwood or ksports or even levin twin pots and then just refresh the rears completely using OEM stuff

I know what you mean but simply I cant justify spending £600 on front brakes alone but in saying that if I got WMS's for around 400 id say I would be more inclined for that.

Unless you are running stupidly high HP, just get uprated pads.. no point going over the top unless you drive like a nut all the time :)

Thats what I was thinking, only on a td04 setup at the minute

Our customers have always given great feedback on EBC Turbo Groove discs with Yellow stuff pads :)

What sort of price are they? Including whatever is the normal for the rear, ABS discs aswell

Pm Morgey mate :)

Whats he got or what? I see he has a levin but doesnt seem to be selling the brakes of it.

If people can't stretch to a WMS kit we've had really good feedback on DS2500 pads and WMS "110%" discs which use a thicker casting to increase thermal mass while retaining the original Glanza etc caliper.

Would you rate the DS2500 pads better than the yellowstuff's I think it is.

What would be the price for the DS2500's and the 110% discs posted to NI then?

I run now ebc dimpled and groved discs and yellowstuff...they are shit...no brake when cold, a lot of dust, very aggressive braking when hot, stupid hissing noise when cruising...

Will change to a small 4pot kit soon...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive just done my brakes. I get my stuff from bennetts. They gave me brake engineering discs and ADL pads. The difference between the ones i had before are insane. Also there was a promotion this month. If you get discs pads are free. Got the fronts sorted for £27. Fought it was a bargain