Josh's Faded JDM Racecar! スターレット 15/05/14

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little update just to keep you all in the know,

So received some more stickers this time of, Tuner lifestyle! - Big shout out to josh, very pleased with quick delivery and quality of products, hes just recently uploaded a new item, which i will be ordering and putting on my car very soon. My RSR* strut brace has arrived and is okay, gonna be replacing bolts with new ones, need some metal polish on the bar, and at work today i have shot blasted the ends, ready to be painted on the weekend :)

Hopefully be doing some more bits on the weekend, such as fitting both braces, stickers, painting the car (whole n/s and boot + front bumper), wrapping the wing mirrors black, and swapping red door handles for black ones. Currently on ebay, so will be buying a load of new parts, thanks to a little bonus at work!, More updates to follow on the weekend people!!

#ProjectJDMFadedRacecar

Here's the strut brace by the way :p

IMG_3379_zpsf0e17d2a.jpg

Engraved RSR*

IMG_3380_zps02129db5.jpg

IMG_3386_zps61e8c320.jpg

During the shock blast, there both fully done and will be coated in etch primer, then sprayed red again :p

IMG_3401_zps3bbf31da.jpg

Keep your eyes peeled for more updates!! :)

lookin at this reminds me of my wee red n/a was bit faded too but loved that wee car... an nice job with the rocker cover lad will keep in mind for when im doin mine 8)

Cheers bud!, Looking to respray the thing myself, budget mods as its finest lol :p

Update Motherfuckerzzz!!!

Okay so, Decided to do a few things while it was sunny after i finished work. This included fitting my Front RSR* Strut brace, which i recently painted the other day, And fitting my Rear Cusco Brace. Front brace looks good, however needs a bit of metal polish on the bar itself, and a better photo of it fitted, The rear, is okay for now, needs respraying and new ends but it matches the car, of shitty paint so whatever :p,

Swapped my normal Rad cap for my Cusco Rad cap (Replica :/), While fitting the rear strut, i removed most of the plastics and gave a good hoover inside. Plenty of bits of broken glass and a £1 coin, so not all bad. Hopefully this weekend im gonna re - paint, the faded side, boot, rear bumper and front bumper, Also need to bolt front and rear bumper proper as there hanging on by one bolt atm, previous owner must have been a spanner! Too many snapped bolts on this car!

Other plans include fitting some stickers i have, and ordering, Jap plates, and a TRD Gear knob! :p

Here's some photo's

IMG_35041_zps8f0861ab.jpg

Also need to fit new boot struts (in cardboard tube!) As they have failed lol :(

IMG_3505_zpsb6593e66.jpg

Cusco Rep Rad Cap!

IMG_3507_zps6e367ce9.jpg

Yes the sticker film is off the status error one, just was a c**t at the time as it kept peeling off!

IMG_3521_zps5e68a366.jpg

Bought a BLITZ Cap, turns out it doesnt fit! £20 and its yours! :(

IMG_3508_zps082262a6.jpg

Tow Hook Fitted! (Exhaust soon!)

IMG_3511_zps999cecb3.jpg

And RSR* Strut Brace fitted!! ( and Blitz Socks!)

IMG_3522_zpsa4c399c9.jpg

That's all for now! More Updates Tomorrow!

Nice progress josh you really should try machine mopping it first tho as it's mainly weathered lacquer it should come up well

Tried mate, but didnt really work, boot needs rep spraying as previous owner sprayed it from blue lmao!

Probs do it next week, got a couple of days off to sort it out :)

Makes me exited about picking up my faded red sportif on friday i love a restoration challenge! :)

Haha sounds good buddy!, Ive decided to leave mine faded!, Gonna respray boot, rear and front bumper, But makes it different having it faded :p

A non turbo scooby!!!!!! Why!!!! I reckon you'd like an ignis sport. Quite a quick car and not bad on insurance. Be alot like a starlet

Only problem with the ignis is that it doesn't have a turbo :( that will change though haha ;)

Josh you will regret getting a non turbo Scooby, have you tried to insure a turbo Scooby, I was shocked when I quoted one, under 1k for me :)

James

Edited by jimmymac101

180bhp ignis turbo would be epic ;) onwards and upwards though ollie, your starlet is lovely and going td04 will be a nice addition :)

Josh save up and do it properly ..... Wrx or Sti turbo, your end up selling when a turbo Scooby flys by you lol

James

180bhp ignis turbo would be epic ;) onwards and upwards though ollie, your starlet is lovely and going td04 will be a nice addition :)

Josh save up and do it properly ..... Wrx or Sti turbo, your end up selling when a turbo Scooby flys by you lol

James

Ive lost the love mate, It wouldn't be so bad if the shell wasn't shit!

Faded one side, Rust on arches, Had a front and rear ender, Marks on the passanger door as i left me keys on the seat when locked!

Its just fucked and i genuinely cant be bothered! Gonna achieve nothing, i get nothing but shit from people, and people abusing my car who dont even know me!, Ill hopefully have my years no claims next week, and want something more comfortable and practical, Cheap also.

Not to worried about it being a non turbo!, i want a turbo on my starlet lol. Im just wasting money and time. Ill be back in a year or so when i can afford a glanza or a gt lol :)

just keep it and buy my shell after japfest and build your own glanza using parts from you starlet

Its having the money mate :/, its literally cheaper for me to insure a scooby, I need a car for work etc, and cba to take mine off road to try and fix up, just want a clean shell and can work from there,

Im not worried about not having a turbo, just wanna move away from rushing all the time lol

Its having the money mate :/, its literally cheaper for me to insure a scooby, I need a car for work etc, and cba to take mine off road to try and fix up, just want a clean shell and can work from there,

Im not worried about not having a turbo, just wanna move away from rushing all the time lol

theres no need to rush though rome wasnt built in a day ;)

its all upto you but test drive a impreza na before you buy as for money you can get more of a car

theres no need to rush though rome wasnt built in a day ;)

its all upto you but test drive a impreza na before you buy as for money you can get more of a car

Haha i know ;)

And okay, cheers for the advice mate, im torn atm just need time to sort everything out money wise, and where i wanna go with my car.