for sale threads (ADMIN)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really since when? I dont get on here that much!

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/63052-new-marketplace-rules/

Heres the announcment dude. So since then

Your better off on eBay mate

Depends, youll probably pay more than £1.95 in ebay fees, and you cant specifically target the biggest market of EP enthusiasts in the UK

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/63052-new-marketplace-rules/Heres the announcment dude. So since thenDepends, youll probably pay more than £1.95 in ebay fees, and you cant specifically target the biggest market of EP enthusiasts in the UK

Yeah but most people on here won't buying anything unless its half price of what your advertising it for. There's nothing wrong with wanting a bargain but some people just take the piss.

Forums all the same these days :( anyone after a parts from my good spec gt search stevenw8864 on ebay then :) coilovers lsd box breaking car etc

its free to sell on TGTT as far as i know.

and really 2quid a year on here isnt very steep either.

Phil

I get them up on there then! I remember the old forum went sideways cause he wanted to charge people didnt it? Its not the fact of the £2 I dont mind paying it but! I thought a forum was a free place for like minded individuals to interact and share knowledge and parts not a money earner

The club needs to keep running some how i suppose and dont think theres enough events through out the year to pay for the club to keep going. And tbh TGTT might be free but who has the most flow of traffic? and even when ive put items up for sale on TGTT it hardly ever gets approved even though i have described the item the best i can

Another thing you could do is put your ebay link in here

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/forum/8-ebay-bidjdm-yahoo-auction-finds/

And tbh TGTT might be free but who has the most flow of traffic? and even when ive put items up for sale on TGTT it hardly ever gets approved even though i have described the item the best i can

the best you can do isnt good enough then lol

nah you just have to use the template its simples

flow of traffic for me on here is countered by timewasters. number of times you reply to a wanted thread and the person doesnt even know if they want or really need what they are asking for.

Phil

If you sell it all on ebay you'll get pumped in fees etc. Pay 2 quid on here and sell the lot to forum members who'll put it to good use.

The 2 quid charge is to keep the club running, no one person is keeping your money lol, it all goes back into the club so we can have great stands at Japfest etc.

Some forums charge 20 odd quid just to sign up haha.

I get them up on there then! I remember the old forum went sideways cause he wanted to charge people didnt it? Its not the fact of the £2 I dont mind paying it but! I thought a forum was a free place for like minded individuals to interact and share knowledge and parts not a money earner

Money earner??

running this site costs several hundred quid a year in terms of the software and the server requirements.

not a single member of the admin or mod team take a penny, nor have we ever, not on this site or the other one.

the memberships and traders fees all go into a club paypal account, and are used to pay the forum's bills and to purchase items for shows etc. every last penny is accounted for and the staff are quite happy to share any info relating to what money is taken in / being handled at any given time upon request.

it is certainly not a money earner for any of us.

Phil.

its free to sell on TGTT as far as i know.

and really 2quid a year on here isnt very steep either.

Phil

I tried to post my turbo kit thread up for sale days ago and its still not been approved :/

Despite the fact the advert was over-described!

As Phil Said... Non of us profit from anything...

If you think you'd sell things quicker, cheaper and easier on ebay. I feel you my be wrong mate...

running this site costs several hundred quid a year in terms of the software and the server requirements.

not a single member of the admin or mod team take a penny, nor have we ever, not on this site or the other one.

the memberships and traders fees all go into a club paypal account, and are used to pay the forum's bills and to purchase items for shows etc. every last penny is accounted for and the staff are quite happy to share any info relating to what money is taken in / being handled at any given time upon request.

it is certainly not a money earner for any of us.

Phil.

I can understand charging for special privaliges but is there really any need on this part of the forum! There on ebay now anyway and already getting interest so it seems this is not the only place for the traffic

Point is i hate ebay, you sell something on ebay you pay your lisitng fees, 10% fees, then 10% on postage, then your 4% paypal. You sell things for slightly less on here and still be quids in, if the right person wants it, it will sell and £1.95 come on it doesnt exactly break the bank for a years worth of selling which pretty much covers about 4 listing fees on ebay

I can understand charging for special privaliges but is there really any need on this part of the forum! There on ebay now anyway and already getting interest so it seems this is not the only place for the traffic

There were a few reasons for introducing it...

Was another hope to try and keep some scammers at bay too. To protect members.

See here for reasons explained in full http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/63052-new-marketplace-rules/