Hello all,

Just thought we would introduce ourselves. My wife and I bought my 15 year old son a 1.3 Starlet for his birthday back in August as a working project over the next year or two until he gets his licence. We are English but have lived in Wexford, Ireland for the last 8 years and we all love the place. The car is a perfect little 98 AO1 silver/grey blank canvas with less than 70K miles and we have already started working on it since XMas. He got a full Glanza body kit, electric door internals and an interior from a Mitsubishi FTO from Santa - it should keep us going for a while since i spend a lot of time working away and i have even put my own project classic mini on hold to help him out. Since i have been a fast Ford man myself for the last 25 years we will be trawling through the technical tutorials on here in order to build him his ideal first car.

work done so far;

Full service and Cam Belt change

Passenger FTO seat fitted

Front wings - filled and painted side repeaters

Sanded and primed body kit

Glanza tailgate fitted, also rewired reverse and third brake lights

Retro fitted door internals, Central locking and electric windows (not working yet -need to fit door control module)

that's about it for the time being.

work needed for completion;

Fit the rest of the interior

Fit body kit

window deflectors and tints

wire front fog lights

Glanza dials

ICE & Alarm with global closing and remote locking

De-lock and fill doors

Rear beam with disc conversion and lowered suspension

then wrap the whole car in matte gun metal vinyl with bronze Rota grids to finish

then when he has a year or two NCB we will look to fit a 20v 4age with 6 speed from a Levin or similar

Hopefully between this project and school it should keep him out of trouble on the streets.

Regards to all,

Michael & Joe

Thank you all for your warm welcomes & Comments.

I will be sure to post some pictures up when I get back home as I am working away for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

My son and I are excited about our little project and equally look forward to being a part and hopefully contributing to this forum.

Thank you all again & wishing you a Happy & prosperous new year.

Regards

Welcome along.......as morgey said above though some major cutting would be involved in getting a 6 speed box to fit the starlet bay. We both have 4age 20v fitted (in slightly different ways) and neither of us could squeeze one in! Not saying you couldn't though! Get some pics up too! :)