Jamie's na build. Something a little different

I thought it's about time I started a build thread. There's not much progress yet and unfortunately I haven't really taken any photos of it yet but hopefully this weekend I'll get some taken.

I purchased the car back in November 13 fully standard (barring some horrendous star stickers splattered across the front, rear, and sides). But at a cost of £220 I couldn't care less as I could just image what I could do with it and what it could eventually turn out like.

F7EF330E-8ECF-4249-8D02-6753705F591A_zps

F7A26EB3-DC1F-4BC5-A50D-C0AC3993F7D1_zps

The first thing I done was get the centre pipe changed as it had a nasty hole in it.

Over the months I've done a few small changes.

I got a new panel filter, thanks to idworkz

6466C7A1-EADA-4274-ABFD-2978EC0025E7_zps

Another being changing all the interior lights to blue, and installing blue foot well lights

03ABF7E9-0C1B-47BA-AFF8-EC4DE0A9E0C2_zps

Then managed to source some really cheap alloys with tyres

4CCB6AF4-6AEA-4746-8521-C9CE1A9BAD71_zps

The next day as one went flat I discovered the cigarette lighter didn't work, so had the enjoyment of having to strip it, clean it up, and suprise suprise it starting working :-)

While checking electrics on the car I decided to change the spark plugs to some iridium ones.

7D0B96B4-66A6-4507-9387-D3BD174CE008_zps

E34EA518-11B4-4284-AB28-5802DF09FBBC_zps

I then decided to remove the rear seats and fit soundproofing and insulation throughout the whole car

05010D3E-0EDC-41F0-806A-7AC42C6A88E5_zps

Which I sharp got bored of. So two weeks decided to go a different route.

The next step was to strip it, which turned out to take a lot longer than expected, but was well worth it

6BA6EC1E-A39D-4E7D-9092-66DB4170EEBB_zps

513A6209-7DA5-46D8-879F-C1B60B965C8A_zps

After that I'd only made a few minor changes, it's now fully stripped minus the front seats, dashboard, and roof liner (soon to some off).

And due to the slow progress I decided to take a week off work to get some stuff done on it. Which is this week.

So now she's looking quite different, finished removing all the bumper strip residue, also has rear windows tinted (by me, hasn't been done properly so needs some more work done to it), has wind deflectors and also rain deflectors over wing mirrors, has a sun strip as the sun visors are crap and now been removed, cut away a lot of the front bumper, and all the grill. Installed some fog lights, which I need to wire up properly. But got a lot of my time taken up this week with having to change the rocker cover gasket and both drop links as hadn't noticed they'd both snapped, was annoying having to angle grind them off.

Managed to get part of the exhaust manifold heat wrapped, need more wrap to wrap the down pipe,and I've changed the headlight bulbs.

The next step is to fit a tubular intake manifold when it arrives. Took a while to source one but after a lot of messaging breakers I got lucky.

Once I get it fitted and the bay cleaned I'll get some pics up. Hopefully can get the fogs wired this week as well.

Watch this space

Jamie

Well managed to get the manifold put on, wasn't as easy as expecting, but after a lot of hard work it's done. Sounds so much better and runs a lot better. Thanks to Hutchy and Gainzy for keeping me company in the cold and holding torches as it was pitch black

Found a 4afe throttle body cheaper so will be running this instead. Got a new back box to fit tomorrow (will be some fun with the angle grinder :-) hope i don't fuck it up) interior aerial (need to get some filler to patch the hole in the roof still), and going to get rid of the rust patches as my 8l5 touch up paint arrived, and glanza callipers at some point thanks to Gainzy, what a guy he is.

Tell me about it mate, didn't work out like I thought haha been having a nightmare with it, need it setting further back and more hidden, and attached properly. Hopefully can sort it Sunday