Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this in a while,

since the cars been back on the road just been enjoying it, have been waiting for some little issues to pop up with it after the re-shell. But touchwood so far there's not been one problem :)

She made 317bhp on the dyno print out this time. Reason being that (no BS I promise) was due to problems with wheelspin on the dyno and my ride height, from what I was told if she was pulled down anymore then my intercooler would have been smashing the floor.

So I'm just waiting to get her on a hub dyno now to see what the accurate new bhp figure is, as I really don't feel like all the hassle of lifting the front up and ruining my geo setup.

Anyways, she definitely feels a lot quicker, but all the power is at the top now, lost a lot of torque with the new inlet and it is definitely noticeable. But spinning through the top of 3rd in the dry is still fun :lol:

Also running just a touch over 1.7 bar now as opposed to 1.6.

In regards to the cage, my god what a diffrence. Stiff isn't the word.

Not sure on future plans, just enjoying it for the minute :)

11E666BA-D55D-44CE-B44A-3981E1CEB9C5.jpg

757AC943-80BE-4EA4-AAF8-EA13B8EAD1EB.jpg

8DD21432-C6E1-4421-AF7F-1F29E7BB4B81.jpg

D3715877-57E3-4A70-A857-235F23EE81E9.jpg

98EBC110-C29E-4E7E-A21E-B7AFEF1CD4AE_1.j

I want a cage!

With the dyno issue, could you now just raise it up a few turns each side, dyno the car and then turn it back down? Shouldn't that leave the geo unchanged? I did a similar thing with adjusting preload and height to compensate. So overall no height change, and geo felt the same and no abnormal tyre wear

I want a cage!

With the dyno issue, could you now just raise it up a few turns each side, dyno the car and then turn it back down? Shouldn't that leave the geo unchanged? I did a similar thing with adjusting preload and height to compensate. So overall no height change, and geo felt the same and no abnormal tyre wear

Could do mate, but for the hassle of it all it's easier for me to just book in a power run at tdi South on there hub dyno :)

That forth picture makes it look mean as hell! Love this build so much

James

Thanks mate :)

Seen you pop up on FB and Insta a few times bussey. Seems like you are enjoying it :)

Inlet will always loose you some torque, which isnt a bad thing. Should help save your gearbox.

Id try get on a proper dyno tho, hub dynos give different power readings and it makes it difficult to compare powerbands and performance with others!

Cage looks sweet, glad its performing as it should!

Just read your whole story/build and it was brilliant, keep up the good work pal! I'd recommend getting yourself a proper lsd like the cusco one. It will transform your car, its the best mod for a starlet! The Toyota lsd is a joke.

nice work mate! seen your car twice in the car wash next to formula 1 in southend i work at formula one, always stare at it lol

looking nice!

Yeah mate I always see a guy giving me a dirty look when I go to jet wash the car :lol:

And cheers :)

Seeing as a felt like being a recluse tonight I just jumped in the garage.

My sloppy gear changes and the box's constant refusal to downshift properly has been winding me up big time recently, so gear linkage came off,

E963DB5B-2193-4E64-95CE-D26AA0B23EC4.jpg

Sugar cube was seriously worn, it had even worn a hole in one of the top corners! So I nipped down the edges flush and rotated it 90 degrees. Also had to use a washer as the wear on top was causing lots of back and forth play in this arm which was no good,

94870720-F873-4A8C-8352-EF5E727E72DA.jpg

Then it all went back on, at the same time I pulled the old bushes out and fitted my new solid ones.

BA90563C-AC6C-486D-8E29-0A03C979D138.jpg

After taking her out for a drive, everything felt so much different, down shifts didn't argue back, solid gear changes and the box feels 1000x tighter than before. Well happy!

Oh and this happened, should keep intact temps down a bit more. Spray covers the whole centre of the intercooler but you can't really see it to well here.

EE20549C-3CF3-4A19-8094-980C348B4760.png

Unreal build mate car realy does look well

Thanks mate :)

lol i'm like that when i don't know someone lol next time will be more friendly!

nice car bro

Haha cheers mate :)

they are deadly arnt they ha ha

she looks sweet as a nut !!! propper starlet love :)

Just a little :lol: thanks mate !

• 1 month later...

Right I need to start updating this more, haven't really had the time to take pictures and all that malarkey whilst working on the car lately.

So as most of you already probably know, my old gearbox (which had taken 3 years of pure, devastating, unreal amounts of abuse) decided it no longer wanted 3rd gear on the way to Japfest. Which in turn kind of ruined the day for me as I was gutted I missed out on my track times.

Then on the way home, whilst limping at 60 it decided it didn't want 1st or 5th either, so that was fun.

But still a memorable day never the less :lol:

A1A2463C-4E30-4A13-AF27-C39D3FAE8CE7.jpg

A8FDD8B5-F4B8-4F57-8141-9CDE7A9D44CD.jpg

So after Japfest, I had enough of the big turbo setup. In my eyes the 28 was near on useless in anything but a straight line. Was dangerously quick don't get me wrong, just not useable for what I want out of the car, which is why I'm changing back to a TF035.

So anyway, old box came out and new one went in.

EF4830B9-9D75-4174-A5F2-CE8A4CCFF793_1.j

E08BA35A-473C-4D36-96B9-10CB798637BB.jpg

BA77A24A-6E72-4F10-98F3-489D4A4B8ECD.jpg

So that's all sorted,

Next the paint in the boot reacted with something not long after spraying a few months ago, so over the weekend that got flatted back, resprayed and re lacquered. Looks absolutely mint now, very happy with myself haha. Also added a boot net.

5F786FB5-6654-4582-99EC-83DA0B0334C1.jpg

71BF714B-4757-414E-9897-3F18393864C9.jpg

Oh and I'm not sure how this happened but yolo.

1AA88B6E-8DDD-4B8C-A459-A2A0A6B6604B_1.j

Manifold should be back tonight, all new gaskets ordered including one for my wastegate which was leaking slightly. Then I can get the TF035 on and I'm away again.

85D499A7-0521-4660-8846-8A6501B36FA6.jpg

I had the exact same thing a few years back. Gearbox failure on the way to JF. Such a pain.

Cant fault your direction tho, a TF035 will be perfect for track. Should see you happily 250-270bhp

That's the plan mate :)

I ran a tf035, was a good turbo never mapped it though. Realistically i think youd be looking at more like 200-250 at a push, but pretty responsive!

Yeah sounds like I've made the right move then, heard there mega responsive, I'll crack 260 one way or another :)

Edited by Bussey