Boy Racer hew....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, people know its built and tuned in the town, the local police,

They know i dont drive like a knob as done it for 2 years,

Even service one officers family car at work.

Just peoples opinions and narrow minded views, probaly sAme people

Who were the odd balls with no mates at school.

Don't get me wrong I'm not crying into my pillow at night lol I just think your more likely to get tickets etc just for having different wheels etc it's all bollocks we should be getting our ass's kissed for having mint brakes and tyres and making our cars safer to drive in some aspects I strongly believe my mate got an unfair ticket... :-/

I think ignorance is the main issue, i was talking about this just the other day to a guy at work.

I almost think its like a double bluff with these cars, to me they do give off the boy racer look, mine pretty much has a cannon sticking out the back for an exhaust, tinted windows and a big scoop in the bonnet.

Anyone who doesn't know what it is is just going to take one look and think 'boy racer' but this is where the double bluff thing comes in for me because I know that its not just for show and when it comes to it even my standard engined V can munch any boy racer shed.

I think ive gone off topic, but i agree that i feel more likely to get pulled over/ attract police attention in my V because of the boy racer BS that goes with it

Tbf I've not had any troubles. My last two starlets haven't had me pulled over. Half the time it's down to your driving. Although in a croud of 10 'normal' cars the V will always attract the attention positive or negatively...

Police and public put everyone in the same bush.

If you have different wheels or black out windows you're a boy racer in their eyes.

It pisses me off too when I get called a boy racer, just gotta deal with it.

Like me getting the fine for my reg plate because I have a modified car.

My mate was telling me about his mom who has 3 cars with modified reg plates and she has been pulled a number of times and always let off just because its a standard car and she is a women.

Gainzy mate wouldn't let it bother you toyota starlets gt's or glanza's are not boy racer cars in my eyes a typical boy racer, down here anyway, is in there shitty corsa, saxo, pug 106 the usual 1.1's or 1.2's racing there lawn mower engines with there halfords BARGIN price back boxes on it, also not I forget there little mods such as a spoiler you can iron your work trousers on a sticker the cars guaranteed to give it 10 more Bhp, thinks it's cool that the car is almost sitting on the wheels when the surspension is fucked, oh and last but not least a couple of 14-15 year old girls in it aswell that's a typical boy racer down this way 👍

It's the same in weston super mare mate, although we have loooooads of twatty civic drivers

James

Hahaha Gainzy I like this thread. That copper was a complete prick there was no chance of getting off that fine with his attitude. Yeah the boy racer thing pisses me off quite a bit (I'm 28) and that old guys comment annoyed me but at least the 'boy racer' car saw off that Merc on the way home hahahaha.

thing is most ep's civics etc look like boy racers cars.

and a high proportion are driven like a boy racer would.

Number plate moved from the stock position, larger body kit, tacky wheels, stickers, lairy colour wheels, swapped seats, HID kit, laguna splitter, cupra splitter, big ass exhaust, bonnet the wrong/different colour.

what can we expect?

also you may think that a boy racer is someone with a corsa/saxo 1.0litre

but after a year or two these fellas trade up buy a EP/Civic/ibiza.

Police are right to see them as the same, we speed and make noise, just because our/your ability to speed is so much greater than a 1litre corsa is the most stupid reason to no longer be called a boy racer.

Lot of people this isnt true of on a forum, but alot it is, we all do daft things from time to time.

Phil

Edited by Philm

thing is most ep's civics etc look like boy racers cars.

and a high proportion are driven like a boy racer would.

Number plate moved from the stock position, larger body kit, tacky wheels, stickers, lairy colour wheels, swapped seats, HID kit, laguna splitter, cupra splitter, big ass exhaust, bonnet the wrong/different colour.

what can we expect?

also you may think that a boy racer is someone with a corsa/saxo 1.0litre

but after a year or two these fellas trade up buy a EP/Civic/ibiza.

Police are right to see them as the same, we speed and make noise, just because our/your ability to speed is so much greater than a 1litre corsa is the most stupid reason to no longer be called a boy racer.

Lot of people this isnt true of on a forum, but alot it is, we all do daft things from time to time.

Phil

Soo true, if we all mature about the way we made our look maybe we would have abit more respect

Hahaha Gainzy I like this thread. That copper was a complete prick there was no chance of getting off that fine with his attitude. Yeah the boy racer thing pisses me off quite a bit (I'm 28) and that old guys comment annoyed me but at least the 'boy racer' car saw off that Merc on the way home hahahaha.

Haha I'm not a boy racer I'm a man racer I only race men in merc's I swear lol

Fucking boy racers the lot of you!!!

You get away with out you driving around in your suit and tie leather brief case hahaha mature racer hew, how,hue

Edited by Gainzy

I love it when people say boy racer to me :-P

I've got a car that I've built that can race.. I take it as a compliment because racing is my thing haha

Rob.

Thats the attitude you need if your going to build something like your car.

its mental fast, not build to look like an aston martin.

Phil

Edited by Philm

We have many boy racers around hull. There must be at least 6-7 car clubs around here all with varying styles and genres of cars. Thing is though the majority of people in the car scene around here have been on the go for many years. If one person doesn't know someone directly they will know them by their car or through a friend. Fact of the matter is that even though there are some mature "modified car enthusiasts" there are also a lot of so called "boy racers". Problem is that the public and the police can't distinguish the two. So we all get tied to the same brush unfortunately. 😒

As soon as peeps clock an aftermarket exhaust, hear compressor stall or see something that looks vaguely modified, its owner is considered a boy racer on some level. letting peeps over the road always makes me laugh, most reaaaally don't wanna walk out in front of my car, despite the fact im sat there calmly waving them across lol