"Man Down" Browner needs help in UK

A certain Irish man has broke his ep85 diff and is in need of help
Details
car Will be arriving in pembroke today
It's a ep85
If you have a welder or a ep85 spare diff ring me or browner his number is in his for sale threads

Let's get him to japfest

I'm 5 hours away lol

Edited by ro55ifumi
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be in wales late eve/tonight with a donor car? But tbh id just go straight to the first garage i googled and slip em some cash to borrow a ramp, tools and a welder! 12.30 gives plenty of time to bodge a weld in the diff,

I'm not far from Pembroke, I got a welder here if you can get it to my house , I got car ramps and tools etc

get in touch with Conor then bud you seem like the perfect candidate :)

Well guys I'm on the boat now so have no internet on my phone I'm on a shitty pay as you go computer here lol

Been on the road since late last night, drove down through Ireland and stayed overnight to catch the ferry across to Pembroke in Wales this morning. Car seemed to be driving fine apart from a couple of small noises but this morning I came sideways out of a junction near the boat and I heard a bang then clunk, clunk, clunk...

I thought I had snapped another halfshaft so jacked it up under the rear axle and checked both back wheels for play and there was none. I made sure everything was tight and it was. I drove the car slowly down to the boat and the noise was barely noticeable. Under load while accelearting I cant hear anything but when I let off it starts banging and it seems to be getting worse. I got down to the boat and had to take off the front bumper, grill and sideskirts and adjust up the coilovers so the car could go up the ramp it was a right disaster!

I'm going to change the diff oil when I arrive around 12:30 and try and prolong the diff as long as possible and take any filings away from it. I reckon the weld has broke in the rear diff. The car is still driving I'm just afraid of the back end locking up while driving.

At this stage I just want to get it to Japfest does anyone have a rear diff or parts available or do yas reckon my own diff is fixable? Money isnt an issue I will pay good money to get the car right again I just dont want to get stuck over here :/

I will be online again once I land. My mobile number is 00353 86 378 4399

Thank you my UK Starlet friends :)

Shorty has a diff but can't get to you till tonight I'm about 15mins from castle Combe so if you managed to limp it to JF you could bring it down to mine (chipping sodbury) and strip the diff etc but I do not have a welder :/