Lewis's Nissan 200sx S14a..18/03/2015 - Updated 2015..

So after selling my build adored Glanza for a price i think many here would find hard to resist. I bought a £100 Ford Fiesta. One owner from new, 93,000miles. But, it was an absolute DOG.

I attended BHP @ Lydden Hill and fell for a few 200sx's and i thought. I must get me a S14a as they look so much meaner than an S14.

So after counting my pennies, doing some homework and abusing the Fiesta for a week, i decided to take the plunge on one local to me. Now they suffer typically on rust being a 20 year old UK car. The engine bay rust points have all been seen to. The sills are the worst, its been undersealed, but i believe it'll need new sills welded in.

I paid peanuts for it, leaving me with over £2000 to "play" with. So, a full respray is on the cards, new sills and then slamming it on some slutty JDM alloys.

Pictures, you need to look threw the matt black paint job, as its a completely straight car without a dent or scatch. Its so clean. - Bar the wing when the guy left it in Asda to find someone had reshaped the wing!

The only pictures i have currently, i'll get some tomorrow once i service it and clean it up as best i can!

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

This is a major work in progress. So if any of you boys are RWD lovers, your see threw its misery!

I've already got a dumpvalve to fit tonight, and bought a decat, and a downpipe which will arrive Monday!
Modifcations so far;

• Lowered on KYB shocks and eibach springs @ 40mm Do-Luck air filter - Original supplied.
  • G-Reddy racing clutch Stage 1
  • Mongoose cat back exhaust
  • Navan rear spoiler unfitted white
  • Urated speakers all round (sorry no silly subwoofer)
  • Wolfrace 18in alloys 9.5j rear / 8.5j front 255/45/18 shoes all round no rubbing

So yeah. The glanza was a monster, but this is so fresh and new. And it scares the poo out of me!

Edited by Zeldoz
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice looking base to start with :thumbsup: love the s14a's.

Any idea on what colour you're going for with the respray?

I'm tempted by 040 White. The starlet white. Its a base, and thats all i saw really! Or a gunmetal colour... too many choices!!!

i wanna see this fiesta you got for 100 quid

It's a beast!

Well a small update.

I fitted a baileys dump valve yesterday. Well, it destroyed the drive ability. Stalling, bogging, ruff idle, no power! - basically the baileys was knackered. Put the standard recirc valve and hey presto. Perfect running again.

Had a small spending spree,

3" Downpipe

3" Decat

3" Catback

Induction kit & adapter plate

That'll be all on next week/end with abit of luck.

I also had my first 'raining' experience last night. Casually driving, 3rd gear. Tapped the throttle as I was doing 20mph on a roundabout. Tail went and I completely done a 180!! Turned around and some the same on the next roundabout.

The thing literally wants me dead! It's horrendously bad on a damp service!

It's also just been booked in for a full respray in 040 white, 9 days time I'll loose it for 2 weeks or so!

Big plans!

You're brave having it resprayed already if it's that bad in the damp!

I would be getting some new tyres and getting a good alignment done then see how it is in the wet. Last thing you want is to be spinning out and hitting something with a nice fresh paint job!

Good luck though should be a great project, was one of these flying around combe the last 2 years at Jf

You're brave having it resprayed already if it's that bad in the damp!

I would be getting some new tyres and getting a good alignment done then see how it is in the wet. Last thing you want is to be spinning out and hitting something with a nice fresh paint job!

Good luck though should be a great project, was one of these flying around combe the last 2 years at Jf

I think morgey has hit on the head there! Give it a few months to get used to the car have some sideways fun and then spray :)

James

Yeh i agree, got used to it first! Mate binned his in the first two weeks because he wasn't used to it. Went to a bmw e30 316 after that, much easier to handle rwd goodness. A s14 is alot different to drive than a glanza.

Appreciate the comments lads. Unfortunately, im more than happy to drive it around as is currently.

However, the father has given me an ultimatium. The driveway is no longer mine, i have to park it in the next street, and i have 2 months to move out if i dont spray it! - (Personally he loves it and just wants it looking awsome)..

Had another rain experience last night, and suprisingly it was very very tame, i just was gentle with the thing to be honest.

It looks like the spray may be delayed anyway as im having issues sourcing a replacment wing! I can find a S14 wing no worries. Finding the S14a wing is nightmare. I may bite the bullet and buy the vented 25mm extended wings them space the wheels to compensate.

Decisions........

Last night this happened....

5353D1F8-03E9-49B8-8ABE-4554B9B25B7D_zps

Ignore the fact its not on right. The 3" downpipe and decat is going on tonight to alloy it to meet with the other 2 exhaust hangers!

Just looking into manifolds currently :)

A litltle update;

So after i bought..

3" Downpipe

3" Decat

3" Exhaust

I was basically time to fit...

8DFAC25D-6595-4FBA-884B-6A1B5C5139C7_zps

During...

EFCFE698-4B7A-4D27-BB72-61C58DBE8BC6_zps

A24E840F-5104-4A02-A6BA-730AE5DE718A_zps

Wasn't too bad. I still have a blow coming from my manifold to turbo. But, if i get ahold of the horsham developments one im looking at i'll swap the gaskets etc over when that gets changed!

After endlessly looking for an S14a wing to replace my fubbered one, i failed. So after umming & awrring over what to do. In the end i decided on some vented front wings. I understand they'll need slight prep and modification to fit. But, since the car will be in the bodyshop Monday for the next 2-3 weeks i thought why not... So these have been ordered...

53145343-A43F-40B9-A466-B419A28C414E_zps

Then a few snaps my friend got whilst i was filling it up...

4FEA31FB-522A-448B-BF4A-EE33BDE858FA_zps

DD6CC7FF-E4AC-46EC-9959-60682907D856_zps

F56E3D2F-652E-4997-BE54-C113F9CA9AF0_zps

That's all.. for now...

now save up for that rb26 engine you know ya want to :) :)

Its a MASSIVE possibility.. It needs 11 wires to be pin swapped and it'll run!!!!

Respray first though. It looks horrendous as it is!

Ibis white

Would probably spit it's dummy out with an atmospheric bov due to having a maf sensor

When i done the baileys, idle was insane, and it kept stalling etc. But, my friend with a S14 runs a SSQV without any troubles... So i dont understand...

People "pidgeon mod" these which is basically blocking everything off and making it chatter. Tempted to have a go at that tonight.

Thats because baileys are shit. Happened to one of my mates with a bailey, but another mate ran one fine

Thats why i wanna give the SSQV a whirl, or just make it chatter! Undecided!!

I had a go faster bits bov on mine! you could open it to the atmosphere or recirculate it witch maid it chatter sounded sick, it's the one car I wish I had of kept tbh I'll try and dig out some pics it was a very clean car qaqyra2a.jpgupasu8e8.jpg3umyna9e.jpgaruze3un.jpgunezu2eh.jpghaquhupy.jpgdejare9u.jpga9ydy3ez.jpgvy3u9a5e.jpg

Edited by Mikeyallgood85