Just putting this out there as I've been giving it a bit of thought.

This year will be the 30th anniversary of the EP71 Starlet (Oct), the 25th anniversary of the EP80 (Dec) and the 18th anniversary of the EP90 (already gone in Jan and nobody noticed lol) so should we celebrate this awesome event?

I'd thought about a commemorative decal to mark the occasion might be appropriate?

This sort of involves the whole EP community so it might be good to all sort it together cool.gif

Please discuss,

Jay

Sounds awesome dude!! How about the ukso logo with a white 25/18 etc in the red and an English translation of the red jap writing??

Edited by Jay85

Sounds like a great idea jay.

With it being a whole starlet community would be better using something none club specific.

Something like the 3 outlines inside one another with the tag line "30 years and counting"

Edited by rob_bower

Was pretty much thinking the decal approach would be nice, something in an appropriate colour to suit each anniversary perhaps?

30th is pearl/diamond so EP70 owners have a white/pearlescent decal.
25th is silver so EP80's get a silver decal.
19th is bronze so EP90's would get a bronze decal (Jan is technically next year but still it would be better than a backdated 18th porcelain approach).

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it and a 30th decal would do everyone fine?

Co-ordinating meets in the winter time would be cool but the venues would probably need to be indoors.

It's doubtful Toyota themselves would want to be involved but you never know I guess, anyone have any contacts?

Was pretty much thinking the decal approach would be nice, something in an appropriate colour to suit each anniversary perhaps?

30th is pearl/diamond so EP70 owners have a white/pearlescent decal.

25th is silver so EP80's get a silver decal.

19th is bronze so EP90's would get a bronze decal (Jan is technically next year but still it would be better than a backdated 18th porcelain approach).

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it and a 30th decal would do everyone fine?

Co-ordinating meets in the winter time would be cool but the venues would probably need to be indoors.

It's doubtful Toyota themselves would want to be involved but you never know I guess, anyone have any contacts?

MUG i need a MUG.

See the toyotagtturbo thread of details.

anyone else want a mug?

Phil

What about doing something at japfest 2 or maybe even jae? Organise the stand showing the evolution of the starlet kp to ep etc sounds a bit cheesy but show off what the starlet is and what it means to us? Could maybe even contact banzai about it or something?

• 4 weeks later...